To provide an efficient and effective reception and clerical support service within the school.
- To provide a general reception service to members of the public and visitors to the school.
- General clerical duties.
- Typing/word processing.
- Book keeping as required.
- Other duties.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment using relevant technology and equipment e.g. photocopier, E-mail, Intra/Internet
- Significant clerical/administration/typing experience, including production of letter/report, filing, cash handling and dealing with the public
- Experience of using a range of computer packages including Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, Phoenix, Publisher, Seemis
- 4 SQA standard grades or equivalent (at level 3 or above, including English and Mathematics/Arithmetic*)
- Advanced keyboard qualification (RSA II in typing, audio typing, word processing)/ ECDL/Clait* (or equivalent working knowledge of Microsoft software packages)
- Ability to use initiative when required
- Flexible in approach and open to different ways of working
- Self-confidence and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills: oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to record information accurately
- Strong customer care skills and focus
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team
- Sound knowledge of software packages e.g. Microsoft Office
- Ability to demonstrate a high standard of numeracy and literacy
- Effective organisational skills/time management with the ability to respond to conflicting and competing demands
- Ability to prioritise workload, in accordance with objectives and targets
- Ability to relate well with all levels of staff
- Willingness to accept direction/delegation
- Appreciation, acceptance of and commitment to importance of confidentiality
- Ability to work in a shared office
- Flexibility to meet the needs and demands of the service.
- Ability to work in different offices dependent on the service
Temporary until 1 July 2022
Closing Date: 22 October 2021
Starting Salary: £17,850 (pro rata)
£9.47 per hour
32.55 hours per week (term time only - Mon-Thurs 8.15 am – 3.30 pm; Fri 8.15 am – 2.15 pm)
For further information contact: Milne's High School, Tel: 01343 820611
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.