Job Title: Cloud Technical Lead
Business Unit: IT Operations
Location: UK Flexible
hCB Group: C, hCB Role cluster: Technology Lead
Contract Type: Permanent
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
IT Operations is a key area of driving our goal to be a Digital First Bank and in the role of Technical Lead - Cloud Platforms, we are looking for a technical leader in modern cloud and digital platforms.
Tell me more…
These roles require a unique blend of technical skills and experience. We’ll ask you to:
- Work closely with our Digital colleagues in an iterative/agile environment enabling team delivery through technology
- Provide oversight to Strategic and Operational Cloud Designs
- Scale out enterprise solutions and manage complex environments
- Drive the creation of a cloud gold standard
- Automate, improve and oversee the design, build, and operation to our Microsoft Azure environments as well as integrate key controls and complex audit and security requirements
- Undertake out of hours on-call duties as part of this and future roles within the cloud platform area.
To be successful you will bring these essential skills:
- A background in complex Infrastructure and Platforms
- Previous experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience in Identity Management (Azure AD)
- Commercial experience across designing, deploying and managing cloud environments in Azure
- Knowledge of cloud platform design patterns and best practices
- Knowledge of PaaS and IaaS (Landing Zones & Enterprise Core Services) as well as technologies and services that bridge on prem and cloud use.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform & ARM Templates
- Proven understanding of Cloud Service Management principles
We’d love you to have:
- Experience of containers and container orchestration using Packer, Docker, Kubernetes, and AKS
- Knowledge of logging and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Azure Monitor, Azure
- Knowledge of configuration management technologies like Puppet , Chef or Ansible
- Log Analytics, Azure App Insights, New Relic, or Datadog
- Experience of pipeline build/deploy tools such as Azure DevOps, TFS, or Jenkins
- Strong understanding of production scale multi-tiered systems architecture and service management principles
- Enthusiasm and shown initiative with cloud environments
- An expansive mind-set with proven record dealing with on prem infrastructure and cloud services
- Proven hands-on experience of Azure or AWS. Certification is a bonus but not a requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage technical and business stakeholders at all levels, as well as strong technical documentation skills.
RED HOT Rewards:
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.