Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at Openreach, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at Openreach. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
This role is important to driving the customer experience in Openreach, acting as the trusted voice of our customers, to champion a brilliant, simple and personal customer experience. Managing the service relationship with our Communication Providers (CPs). We will be proactively interacting and having monthly service reviews/quarterly site visits.
The role has overall accountability for developing effective partnerships with customers in order to increase end customer experience, encourage best practice, efficient processes with our CPs and improve the Openreach perception of key decisions makers in our customer base. The role is also responsible to manage best practice and industry-level education/knowledge improvement.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Accountable for the customer experience relationship and performance of their designated communications provider(s) to deliver agreed performance outcomes. This will involve maintaining a close working relationship with the customer, working from customer site and fully understanding their customer processes in detail
• Accountable for driving the right customer outcomes through in-depth analysis and understanding of the root-cause of their customer specific pain-points and feeding into both proactive and reactive insight
• Accountable for improving CP effectiveness by arranging a variety of interventions that are relevant for them. This includes engineer visits, Openreach academy/network sessions, senior site-visits and other customer education opportunities. Share the knowledge and feedback from these sessions with the rest of the team and Openreach to continuously improve the quality of these interventions.
• To be proactively involved in developing, maintaining and improving professional customer relationships with key customers - regular face to face contact at an operational to senior level
• To receive reactive queries and escalations from CPs, supporting them in finding a resolution. This may be educating them on the processes or guiding them to the correct escalation routes.
• Has detailed process and analytical conversations with our customers and operations to help improve overall performance
• Uses customer insight to influence CPs on how best to consume Openreach services and works with them to ensure they resolve any barriers and reduce ineffective faults
You'll have the following skills & experience
• The ability to communicate professionally and influence both customers and Openreach to improve customer experience and service
• Ability to work at junior to senior levels of the organisation and with key stakeholders internal and external to the organisation.
• Implementing change in a matrix organisation and driving innovation to improve service
• Structured approach with first class organisational skills
• Experience of the telecoms industry
• Good knowledge of Openreach products and services. Strong knowledge of Openreach & customers IT systems and applications.
• Strong analytical/reasoning skills – able to relate numerous data sources to understand overall performance to build recommendations and improvement plans
• Experience of dealing with external suppliers and/or Communication Providers (CPs)
• The ability to hold and engage in robust conversations with challenging stakeholders
As well as offering a competitive base salary, you’ll also have a rewarding bonus scheme, access to equity schemes and an attractive pension offer.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Openreach Limited runs the nation’s digital network. We play a key role in British society, helping homes, schools, hospitals, broadcasters, government, businesses and more connect to the world.
We're a wholly owned subsidiary of BT Group, and our customers are the 640+ communications providers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses. And we’re on a mission - to make the country’s digital network services faster, better and more affordable.
Our people are experienced, resourceful and innovative, working on vital projects that help support the nation at work, in learning, on the move, at rest, at play, in emergencies and much more.
So if you’d like to be a part of an exciting organisation that’s making a real difference, why not join us today? You can read more here about working at Openreach.
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.