Pressure Control Maintenance Craftsperson
Salary: £27.4k - £30.5k (dependent on skills & qualifications)
An opportunity has arisen within our operations department covering North Scotland for a Mechanical Maintenance Craftsperson. This role involves maintaining our assets supplying gas throughout Scotland, in addition to working on third-party Maintenance and Emergency Response Contracts.
- You will be (or become) competent to undertake routine and non-routine maintenance of mechanical pressure regulating equipment on all pressure regimes from 21mbar to 85bar.
- Participation in both new works and modification projects across the range of assets, from high pressure pipelines through to pressure reduction equipment and industrial metering equipment.
- Providing a safe, efficient and effective service to our customers.
- Assisting with pipeline and E&I orientated tasks as required.
- Participation in an operational standby rota, for which you will receive appropriate remuneration
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Ideally you will hold or be working towards an NVQ Level 3 in Pressure Management or equivalent – however candidates with appropriate experience and showing the ability to train towards achieving this certification are also encouraged to apply.
- You’ll have the ability to work alone, as well as part of a team, and be able to think clearly and take decisive action when required.
- Organisational, customer relations, and problems solving skills together with a willingness to learn new skills through formal and informal training and assessment.
- Safe and efficient manner to ensure the highest level of personal safety, while maintaining the integrity and continued fitness for purpose of all assets.
- As part of the role, candidates must be willing to travel away from home for periods of short duration if requested, to undertake work activities or training, therefore you must have a flexible approach to work.
- A full driving licence is essential.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We are responsible for keeping the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses and your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.