Building Facilities Assistant (17/150)
Annan Town Hall
£4,566.00 - £4,669.50
You will work 9 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Times of work will be discussed at interview.
We are looking for a flexible and highly motivated individual to provide a high-quality support service of cleaning and building facilities services to our existing clients. We are looking for individuals who are approachable while working in a proactive, organised and methodical manner.
Building Facilities Assistant main responsibilities:
• Cleaning duties
• Caretaking/Janitorial duties
• Health and Safety responsibilities
• Client liaison
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience providing support to cleaning or building facilities services
• Excellent communication and administrative skills
• Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision
• Awareness of relevant Health and Safety processes including COSHH
• Ability to prioritise workload while maintain a flexible approach to work
• Flexibility with working hours and to participate in additional cleaning as required
A current driving licence is an essential requirement of this post. However, if you have a disability which precludes you from holding a driving licence consideration will be given if alternative transport can be arranged.
This post is considered as Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. From 28 February 2011, preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update check prior to formal offer of employment being made by Dumfries and Galloway Council.
Applicants who have been resident outside the UK within the last 5 years, if offered a position, in addition to a Disclosure Scotland Check, will be required to provide a completed police record check from the police authority in the country or countries in which they were resident.
For further information please contact: Michelle Caven on 07917 092 569.