People. Passion. Pride. This is what has driven our teams since 1833.
Since that time, we have developed to become a critical partner in the global aviation industry, delivering time-critical logistics services at 200 locations in over 37 countries, across six continents. But at the heart of our business is our people. If you are seeking a role with opportunities to learn and develop, this could be the beginning of an exciting journey.
- Cleaning of Aircraft Interiors to include, Toilets, Hoovering, Ovens and kitchen areas, Side walls and ceilings, Luggage and hat lockers.
- Replacement of seat covers, Seat frames, Personal services units, Meal trays, Cargo hold, Seat pockets, Bins.
- Water servicing.
- Loading and unloading of blankets pillows to/from aircraft.
- Management of stock and make up of Aircraft kits.
- De-icing Duties (If trained to do so).
- Assist Supervisors & Management in ensuring the workplace is a safe environment to work.
- Airside Driving.
- External Washing.
- Aircraft carpet fit out (if trained to do so).
- Loading and unloading Aircraft.
- Additional duties - From time to time you will be expected to carry out duties as and when requested by a manager which are related to the services offered by this company, particularly during busy periods, foul weather conditions or to assist our customers at short notice
Safety, Security and Compliance
All employees have a responsibility and duty whilst at work to:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their actions or omissions whilst at work.
- Co-operate with their manager / supervisor in order to allow them to perform or comply with any legal requirements imposed on the company.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided by the company in the interests of health, safety or welfare reasons.
- Inform their manager / supervisor of any work situation, equipment or activity that represents a serious or immediate danger to health and safety.
- Report any hazards, near misses, incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences to their manager / supervisor, who will then follow the procedures contained in this manual.
- Carry out work in accordance with information and training provided and any specific workplace health and safety rules or procedures.
- Fully understand the company health and safety policy.
- Attend training courses as may be arranged by the Company.
- Engage with MORSE and follow our code principles.
You can find these detailed in our Health and Safety Manual
Qualifications and Experience
- An awareness of basic safety.
- Ability to work under strict time constraints.
- Ability to work within a team and follow instructions.
- An awareness of the working environment potential dangers.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good verbal communication.
- A full 5 year work/unemployment/education history.
- Valid Passport
- Proof of National Insurance
- Proof of address
- Full and valid UK Driving Licence
- Criminal Record Check and Airside Security Clearance
Menzies Aviation are a committed equal opportunity employer and encourage applications for suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, and maternity. We strive to create an inclusive working environment, where the different knowledge, perspectives, experiences, and approaches of our global workforce are represented. Where everyone feels valued and can reach their full potential.
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role. Please feel free to contact to recruiter below, if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider.
As part of our recruitment process, we will always consider how candidates fit with our values which you can learn more about here.