Love driving a bus? Yes…then that’s a good start!
But there’s much more to being a driver with Stagecoach than getting the bus from A to B.
You’ll be part of the lifeblood of our local community – making sure that Sarah gets to her university lectures on time. You’ll say hello to James on his way to hospital to see his new baby boy. You’ll help Vikram get to his first day at his new job.
You’ll be the face of our business – playing an incredibly important role each and every day safely and comfortably transporting our fantastic customers to work, to the high street, to our cities, towns and villages, to healthcare and community services, to days away and nights out.
You’ll know some of them by name, and some of them will know you on first name terms too!
And where they don’t, we’re relying on you to give them a fantastic journey to remember with your focus on all things customer. You’ll need to operate the bus safely of course, but as a qualified driver and PCV license holder, we’re sure you’ve got that bit covered.
If that’s not enough, you’ll be part of an incredible family. We employ over 150 colleagues in Aberhill Depot alone, and 25,000 across the UK. You’ll part of one of the UK’s greatest business success stories, driving us forward (sorry about the pun!) to even bigger success.
Aside from the reward of delivering an incredible experience to our customers, there’s plenty more we can offer:
- Flexibility – we’ve got different shifts available so you can fit work around your existing commitments.
- Job security – we’ve been going since 1980, we turnover £1.3bn per year, and we’re not planning on hanging our boots up anytime soon!
- A great regular income – paid weekly so it’s never too long between pay cheques (not that we pay by cheque – straight into your account every Thursday!)
- Free travel – for you and your companion on our buses. That means on your days off (of which there are plenty!) you can be off shopping without worrying about parking the car, or heading off for a day in the city without paying a fortune in petrol!
- A brilliant working environment – your boss isn’t stood over you. You’re out and about, trusted to look after our customers and enjoy yourself at the same time. It’s just like being your own boss in fact!
- Promotions – want to fly up the ladder? Great! We’ve got plenty of colleagues who started life as a driver and are now Inspectors, Trainers and Managers within our business. Likewise, you want to focus your career on driving a bus then that’s absolutely fine by us.
- UK wide opportunities – fancy a move to Devon in a few years but not sure how you’d get a job there? Other half is keen to live in Yorkshire? You decide to go to university in London and want to keep working? We run bus companies across the UK so if you do move from Aberhill Depot, rest assured you’ll be okay for employment!
There’s a few things we need from you:
- A PCV licence, and a maximum of 6 points on your driving licence, with no driving bans within the last 5 years.
- And you’ll want to deliver a great experience for our customers.
And that’s it…we’ll help you with everything else you need to know!
So if you like the sound of being a professional driver and customer ambassador for Stagecoach East Scotland, click Apply Now and we’ll be in touch with you ASAP!