A vacancy has arisen for an Electrician at Stagecoach North East, Slatyford Depot. The suitable candidate will be highly motivated, flexible towards work and have a methodical approach to fault diagnosis and rectification.
Duties and responsibilities
- To test electrical circuits, electrical components and diagnose faults.
- Observe and report on electrical and associated defects and/or symptoms of impending failure.
- Service, adjust and overhaul electrical components using equipment and tools in a proper, efficient and safe manner, including component removal and refitting where necessary.
- Interpret and implement technical service instruction data.
- Carry out manufacturer’s modifications as required, and keep abreast of technical developments.
Training and qualifications
The use of computerised diagnostic equipment is now essential so applicants should have a basic knowledge of diagnostic systems and how to use them.
You should ideally be qualified in the following level:
PCV or HGV City and Guilds
Bus / Coach / HGV NVQ level 3 Electrical
Applicants must possess a full UK driving licence. A PCV / HGV licence will be an advantage.
- Guaranteed 39 hour week
- Competitive salary
- Five weeks holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Overtime opportunities
- Free bus travel for yourself and your spouse/partner
- Contributory company pension scheme
Applications should be submitted online using the web application form.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Chris James, Engineering Manager on 0191 228 8915 to discuss the position in more detail.
Please note: in addition to our Privacy statement, the information you submit on this website will also be shared with Interserve who manage part of the recruitment and training process on our behalf.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.