The Scottish Association for Marine Science combines world class marine research, provides degree level education on marine science and also has a successful developing commercial arm.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, with good all round finance office experience and skills to join our busy Finance Team that maintains ledger systems for the 3 companies within the SAMS Group.
Duties will involve daily processing of transactions across a range of ledger activity – Sales Ledger (Invoices and Debtors), Bank Accounts (including periodic reconciliations) as well as assisting with the processing of Purchase Orders and Invoices and Staff travel claims. You will maintain high standards of financial processing and will contribute to tight and timely controls over SAMS group procedures. You will assist the Team with month end processes and annual budgeting work, as well as supporting a range of administrative and financial activities within the business at busy times.
We are looking to recruit an experienced team player, who has strong numerical and communication skills, the ability to work independently, quickly and accurately and who is familiar with financial coding. Experience of Excel and financial processing software would be an advantage, whilst evidence of success working in a busy Finance Office environment is essential.
- Recent experience in a busy Finance Office environment, with a flexible approach to duties.
- Skills in planning work and prioritisation to meet multiple deadlines. Ability to work effectively under pressure, from time to time.
- Ability to work on own initiative when required.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft WORD, EXCEL and OUTLOOK. Experience of financial accounting packages.
- Ability to complete work tasks accurately, on time and to a high standard.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.