East Dunbartonshire Leisure and Cultural trust is recruiting a Libraries Team Leader to cover maternity leave for a minimum of six months and up to one year.
You will be joining the Cultural Services team at a time of recovery and positivity as we adopt Forward - Scotland’s Public Library Strategy 2021-2025, and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact it has had, and continues to have, on our communities.
You must have demonstrable knowledge of management and delivery of all aspects of public library service with a keen commercial awareness and knowledge of funding sources. Proven experience of leading a team and managing delegated budgets are essential, as are strong communication, numeracy, diagnostic and analytical skills.
If you are a self-motivated, dedicated professional with a can-do attitude; committed to working with your team to deliver high quality customer service, we want to hear from you.
For an informal discussion contact Craig Elliott, cultural services manager, by emailing email@example.com
Interviews will be held online via Teams on 11th November
The successful candidate will, ideally, take up post on 10th January 2022.
Charter Of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.