The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive advice and information service in relation to the Finance & Corporate Resources I-procurement function.
You will process orders for all external creditors and all internal resources, this will be on a computerized Oracle system (data input and retrieval). You will also be required to process and print sensitive info using IT and maintain financial analysis on spreadsheet.
The role involves undertaking general clerical tasks and responsibilities in accordance with predetermined procedures and instructions. You will be require to liaise with other Finance and Corporate sections and Resources in respect of ordering of goods and services and dealing with customer enquiries.
As part of our approach to good practice and safer recruitment we carry out a number of pre-employment checks for example, Identity, Asylum and Immigration and employment history.
As an employee of the Council, you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave which will be calculated into hours on commencement of the role.
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)
Please apply online - All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council are Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.