We need YOU!
At: Premier Inn Edinburgh Waverley
Role: Head Housekeeper
Hours: 35 to 40
Rate of Pay: Up to 10.25
Plus, you can earn free nationally recognized qualifications with our award-winning apprenticeship program!
At Premier Inn, our mission is to help the nation rest easy. As Head Housekeeper you’ll be at the heart of that, managing our hardworking housekeeping teams to make sure every guest has the best possible experience, sleeping in a hotel that’s cleaned to highest of standards.
What you need
· A background as a head housekeeper, housekeeper supervisor or housekeeping manager would be ideal.
· Experience in linen and team management.
· Great communication skills and confidence talking with guests and colleagues.
· Strong systematic thinking and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
· A good eye for detail and top-notch organisation.
· Passion for delivering an amazing experience to our guests.
A great Head Housekeeper always strives for perfection and never settles for anything less. Everything you do will have our guests’ best interests at heart. There is a lot to achieve each day and, though physically challenging, the end results are really rewarding.
What will I do as Head Housekeeper?
Every day will be slightly different. Reporting to your Hotel Manager, your main role will be to make sure each room is ready for our guests to rest easy. You’ll do it by:
· prioritizing your housekeeping workload and connecting across departments to make sure all areas are cleaned and maintained to super-high standards
· managing the rota and labour controls for your housekeeping teams
· keeping on top of the laundry
· running meetings and on-going training with your team, so they’re completely up to speed with cleaning procedures and supported to bring their best every day.
Work with Whitbread
Premier Inn, the UK’s most loved hotel, is part of the Whitbread family alongside some of the UK’s best-known restaurant brands. We’re truly proud to give great experiences to millions of guests and create long-term career opportunities for people just like you! In fact, in 2021 we were voted a Top Employer for the eleventh year running.
We’re also proud to have a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and feels able to be themselves. We want to continue to attract people from all walks of life. In return, you’ll get the chance to shine with our award-winning induction and training and the opportunity to build a career at Whitbread.
And if that wasn’t enough, you’ll enjoy a range of great benefits like:
· Whitbread’s Privilege Card, which gives you up to 60% discount on hotel rooms and 25% discount across our restaurant brands
· huge discounts on our famous Premier Inn Hypnos Mattresses, pillows, and beds
· discounted on-shift meals, starting from £2 or 50% off the standard menu price
· Costco membership and other retail, gym and leisure discounts including Virgin Experience Days and O2 Open Employee discount.
On top of all that, there are financial benefits like a pension and annual Sharesave schemes; wellbeing benefits including eye health and Vision Express discounts; and we’ll help you support the charities you care about by matching what you give.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now.
We welcome your application, whatever your background or situation. Whitbread is an inclusive employer and we believe there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We strongly encourage anyone from under-represented groups to build a career with us. Under-represented groups include women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term). We are open to part-time and flexible working and will try to support this where we can.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.