The post holder will support the drive to transform services with a focus on delivering our future vision and the needs of communities in Scotland’s fastest growing local authority. They will be an effective and client focused project manager to lead on major projects.
Working in partnership with officers across the Council you will have responsibility for delivering a key strand of our transformation activity, providing project management for complex multi-million pound projects.
You will be responsible for the delivery of service transformation projects and the management of external consultancy teams, to ensure projects are delivered on programme, within budget, in accordance with governance arrangements and reporting controls and to specified quality standards with best value delivery that meets the needs of our communities now and in the future.
The projects in the transformation programme are focused on Midlothian’s future vision. A vision built on staff insights and grounded in our drivers for change and which encompasses
- One Council: Consistent, joined up services and support.
- Local by default: Creative use of the Council estate and digital solutions.
- Digital by default: People and communities benefit from modern digital tech capabilities.
- Sustainable futures: Flexible and remote working as the new normal, reducing travel time, costs and carbon emissions.
- Proactive early intervention: Understanding and responding to the needs of citizens and local communities.
- Valuing local communities: Local people feel heard, local assets are identified and utilised.
- A tailored approach: A culture of working in partnership, helping people to develop and thrive by responding to individual needs and leading together.
Closing Date: Sunday 31st October 2021
Interview Date: Week Commencing 15 November 2021
Position Title: Project Manager
Location: Midlothian House/Remote working
Contract Status: Fixed Term
Hours of Work: 36
Working Pattern: Monday – Friday
Weeks per year: 52
Please note that it is Midlothian Councils policy that successful applicants will be appointed to the first point on the salary scale.
Based on you working 36 hours over 52 weeks per year the minimum actual salary for this position is £39,917.70 per annum.
If you have difficulty applying for this post or accessing attached documents, or if you have a disability and reasonable adjustment is required, please email email@example.com to speak to a member of the Recruitment Team stating the post reference number.
Midlothian Council is currently undergoing a period of transformation, changing and improving the way it delivers services in Midlothian. As a consequence, there are a number of existing employees for whom we are committed to seeking suitable alternative employment within the Council in accordance with our legal obligations. Candidates are advised that, for some vacancies, internal candidates in this situation will be interviewed before the wider selection pool and a slightly longer delay may be experienced before application outcomes can be advised to you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.