Our stores heartbeat is Market Street. The smell of the freshly baked bread on a morning, the queue's for our famous Pizza's on a Friday night, our brightly coloured hand tied bouquets and the expert knowledge of our skilled butchers, bakers and fishmongers - what we make, makes us who we are! As well as Market Street, our stores are also home to our friendly Cafe teams where customers can enjoy their weekly fish 'n' chips or afternoon tea for two, and in some stores we also have professional Barista bars, with our coffee's and pastries rivalling the coolest of coffee houses in Soho!
We have teams that work across lots of different departments here at Morrisons, and we all work together to ensure our customer's keep coming back for more. Whether it's our pickers and packers in our Home Delivery teams, our checkout assistants, our canteen colleagues or teams who work through the night to keep our stores stocked up - everyone plays their full part in feeding the nation.
We’re recruiting for a high performing Managers to help our business to continue to grow and succeed.Reporting into the Store Manager, you will also:
- Lead and empower colleagues to always put the customer first and deliver outstanding customer service
- Listen and respond to our customers feedback and react accordingly
- Work with the other Managers in store to lead a supportive and performance driven department
- Efficiently manage all people routines, taking accountability of department(s) scheduling, absence, performance and talent conversations
- Deliver training to ensure team have the capability and confidence to deliver their role
- Enable colleagues to work with confidence across various departments
- Identify and develop talent within the department
- Build effective relationships with other operating departments
- Lead colleagues to work with purpose, delivering outstanding performance against all relevant targets across the department(s)
- Take a leadership role within the store
- Ensure resource is planned thoroughly
You will play a vital role in our business and have a huge impact on our success so not only will you receive excellent training, support and continued development but we will also offer a competitive salary and superb benefits package. Our benefits package not only includes a generous bonus but you will also receive an attractive pension scheme, private healthcare as well as a colleague discount that we encourage you to share with your friends and family.
Whether it's previous experience working in the retail industry or you have experience in hospitality, the service industry or travel & tourism, if you have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service then we want to hear from you.
We're looking for...
- Experience of managing a team in a fast paced environment
- You will need to be a great communicator who can share knowledge, experience and best practices
- You will need to have the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across all areas whilst remaining flexible
- You must be adaptable to change, whilst being able to challenge effectively
- As a Manager, you will actively listen to and respond effectively to customers and colleagues
From £9.50 per hour, Rothesay
From £9.50 per hour, Corpach
From £9.50 per hour, Braemar
From £9.50 per hour, Isle of Barra