This temporary post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
Salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours.
Work pattern: - 14 hrs (Monday and Tuesday, 8.30am – 4.30pm; one hour lunch break)
Working in Douglas Academy you will assist the School Support Manager to coordinate all administrative activities of the school clerical team, ensuring full support is given to school Senior Management and teachers. On a daily basis you will supervise the school clerical team and will be required to give them support and guidance in tasks associated with the remit of the post.
Duties will include efficient and effective delivery of administration processes such as those regarding pupil enrolment, pupil attendance and communication with parents via Groupcall. Updating and daily use of SEEMIS - the school Management Information System – will also be required as well as having a responsibility for the daily care and welfare of pupils.
You must have experience working within a busy office environment and good IT skills are essential. You should be able to work as part of a team and enjoy a variety of tasks within your remit. The successful candidate should also have a wide knowledge of school procedures and policies.
This post is subject to a PVG check.
Should you have any queries do not hesitate to contact Fiona McNab, School Support Manager on 0141 955 2365, or email email@example.com
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.