As AMP Clean Energy’s (Formerly Highland Wood Energy – based at Lochaber Rural Complex, Torlundy) continues to grow, we are recruiting for a Finance Assistant. If you are interested in joining one of the most exciting companies in the low carbon and renewable heat energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Administer the approval system for supplier invoices and the processing on sage system
- Liaise with suppliers in relation to invoice queries and payments
- Prepare the weekly pay-runs for the Finance Officer and run reports
- Assist the Accounts team in monthly activities
- Assist Finance Officer in the preparation of VAT return
- Help deal with paperwork from european suppliers and postings on accounting system
- Participate in improvement and development projects as identified by line manager
- Assistance with year-end preparations and information for audit files and grant applications
- Feel and be a key member of the Finance team in Fort William
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Experience in a similar finance role (ideal)
- Or experience in an office environment / dealing with clients and suppliers
- Experience of using an accounting software package (desirable)
- Good knowledge of software packages Excel, Word
- Able to work independently as well as take pride in contributing to success of the team
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Organised and self-motivated
- We would consider a school leaver or college graduate and would be able to encourage further training or career development in the company.
We are offering a competitive salary, which will be discussed at interview.
- Location: Fort William
- Hours of work: normal working hours will be 08:00-17:00 Monday to Friday.
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.