One of the family...
The clue is in the name. We’re a family business through and through – family owned, family run, with a warm family welcome for guests and team alike. Our seven hotels are unique and set in three stunning Scottish locations. Some are big, some are small and all offer good food & drink, great beds and a ton of outdoor and indoor things to do and a fun place to work.
The Ballachulish Hotel
The Ballachulish Hotel is in a spectacular spot. A place where our guests come to explore but also kick back and soak up our service, food, drink and spectacular views over Loch Linnhe from the restaurant. Our team also know a thing or two about the area as they’ve scaled mountains, explored lochs and found some much-loved spots to explore.
About the role
You’ll be a creative Chef that is passionate about food and all things from the Sea and Scotland’s larder. As Head of the brigade your focus will be on making decisions on food concepts, presentation of food as well as menu planning. Knowledge of Procure Wizard or a similar purchasing and costing platform.
You’ll work with the best seasonal and locally sourced produce wherever possible and you’ll take pride in showcasing the fabulous Scottish produce that links back to the local area. With menus focused on Shellfish, fish and Wild Game. This enthusiasm should be infectious across your team to inspire and energise whilst also improving food standards.
What we need from you:
- Experience - You’ll have previous experience at Head Chef or Senior Sous Chef within 4 or 5 star hotels
- Enthusiasm - a true passion for hospitality, along with your genuine smile and desire to get it right for the customer.
- Leadership – you’ll inspire and energise your team to make sure they deliver a consistently high standard of food, which looks as great as it tastes
- Commercially minded – experience of budget planning, cost control, waste and P&L activity.
- Compliance – You’ll implement and monitor, food safety – HACCP procedures.
- Team focus – there are no egos here, just hard-working people who love creating memorable experiences for every guest
- Ideas and openness – we’re up for doing things differently and will try (almost) everything once
- Flexibility – Working a 45 hour week you’ll be flexible with your shifts to meet the needs of the business.
What you'll get from us
- The chance to work in a friendly, forward thinking company with investment as a priority.
- Great benefits – including pension, and discounts on leisure membership, food and hotel stays
- Live in accommodation may be available
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.