- POSITION: PROCESSING OPERATIVE – OYSTER FARM.
- STARTING RATE: £10.05 per hour.
- CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent.
- WORKING HOURS: Full time, based on 40 hours per week.
- OVERTIME: Paid @ x1.5 basic rate for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
- TYPICAL SHIFT PATTERN: Monday to Thursday 7.00am - 4.00pm / Friday 7.00am - 1.00pm.
- OTHER INFO: Full driving licence essential; your own transport would be beneficial.
We require a highly reliable, enthusiastic and self motivated person to join our AQUACULTURE TEAM to assist in the day to day operation of the Oyster Farm and Depuration Centre.
The successful candidate will be able to work well within a small, focused team. Previous aquaculture experience, with transferable related skills and qualifications preferable, however full training through in-house and external training providers will be provided.
The role will involve a combination of working outside in all types of weather conditions, as well as inside the site’s Oyster Farm and Depuration Centre.
Day to day duties and responsibilities will vary and will include:
- Grading, purification and packing shellfish.
- Operation of equipment for the processing and packing of shellfish.
- A range of cleaning and housekeeping duties throughout the site.
- Assisting with the aquaculture site maintenance.
- Due to the working requirements of the role, full driving licence is essential; your own transport would be beneficial.
- Occasional weekend working, plus some early starts/late finishes as and when required.
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro-rata)
- Staff discount in our Oyster Bar Restaurant and Deli
- Company Pension Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Death In Service (Life Assurance) Scheme
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Due to the working environment and equipment, Basic Disclosure Checks via Disclosure Scotland will be required as part of the recruitment process.
Please submit your current CV on-line or contact our HR Department for an Application Form at: Loch Fyne Oysters Ltd, Clachan, Cairndow, Argyll, PA26 8BL. Tel: 01499 600462.
LOCH FYNE OYSTERS LTD is based at the head of Loch Fyne on the West Coast of Scotland. From this stunning location we have been providing our customers with Scotland’s finest fish and seafood for over 40 years.
We are in the envious position where we can enjoy all that the great outdoors has to offer; beautiful beaches, views, walks, wildlife and outdoor sports, as well as not being far from Glasgow or Edinburgh, to enjoy all the big city has to offer too.
LOCATION: Clachan, Cairndow at the head of Loch Fyne on the west coast of Scotland. Just a 45 minute drive / 1 hour bus journey from Dunoon, 50 minute drive from Helensburgh, 1 hour from Dumbarton, 1.5 hours from Glasgow (M8, A82, A83) and 2 hours from Edinburgh (M8, M9, A811, A82, A83).