Office Administrator/Copy Controller - Scottish Field Magazine
We have a rare and exciting opportunity to join the production department of Scotland’s leading quality lifestyle magazine Scottish Field. There has never been a better time to join our team, with our magazine division going from strength to strength and now being complemented by our rapidly growing online presence
Based in our Edinburgh office, (9-5 Monday-Friday) this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to work in a busy production team providing a key customer service point between advertisers and designers.
As well as being responsible for general administration of our office, the successful candidate will work closely with the advertising sales team and production department as copy controller you will be responsible for the following
Managing advertising copy for several publications, including Scottish Field, Cask and Still and Fish Farmer
- Being the main point of contact for clients regarding the design and approval of their advertisements,
- Working closely with design staff to manage workflow and ensure all advertising pages are correct
- Working with the editor and advertising manager to compile the magazine page plan
- Acting as point of contact for our print partners
In addition you will work closely with other departments providing a number of admin services including:
Administration and organisation of the Scottish Field Whisky Challenge events, decanting of Whisky bottles, liaising with judges and venues and collating whisky scores and comments.
Administration for reader competitions
General office admin including, ordering stationery, handling petty cash & company credit card, maintaining records of poll vehicles, liaising with various external contacts (landlords, cleaners, tradesmen) as well as arranging travel and accommodation for colleagues
The successful candidate will ideally already have some experience of working in publishing or media and be familiar with working to tight deadlines. You should also be able to communicate effectively using telephone and email.
Other core skills include:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen eye for detail and methodical approach to workload
- Able to work well under pressure
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Computer literate
In return we offer a competitive salary and contributory pension scheme
What happens next?
Very shortly after receiving your CV, if we are interested we will call you to understand why you believe you have all the right attributes and are perfect to be shortlisted for an interview so please be prepared and look forward to this phone call. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Closing date Friday 5th November 2021
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.