About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
The Role: The senior engineer is a hands-on technology role. As a senior member in the team, engineers have accountability for technical quality, alignment, health and maintenance of products within their team.
Primary purpose: To develop business application solutions within Aggreko to defined best practices. This individual will play an integral role in developing services and other integration components allowing Aggreko to provide a platform for the integration of our key systems.
This is an opportunity for a highly skilled and proficient C# .NET developer. This role will give you exposure to web development, Microsoft Azure, and server-side integration and orchestration platforms on an Enterprise scale.
• Contributing to Applications development technology strategy, ensuring and aligning systems built by teams are in line with that strategy.
• Ensuring systems are well architected and follow current Aggreko development standards and practices.
• Maintaining application health ensuring that our systems are secure, reliable and resilient.
• Driving internal customer focus to ensure that we are delivering great benefits to our business.
• Contributing to a high-performance team culture that values collaboration, learning and continual improvement.
• Growing the personal and technical capabilities of other team members through a program of coaching and mentoring.
Essential experience, skills and competencies:
• Participation as a senior member of a high-performant development team while improving overall software delivery quality.
• Architecting, building and operating highly scalable and available secure solutions.
• Building solutions in a multiple technology stacks.
• Identifies and harnesses opportunities.
• Identifies and mitigates risks.
• Focuses on outcomes over output.
• Influences and motivates others.
• Uses data to drive decision making.
• Self-aware and proactive on continuous improvement and continuous learning.
• Positive attitude and a clear sense of initiative.
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
• Breaks problems down, analyses constitute parts, proposes and delivers
• Creates and maintains continuous delivery pipelines using current practices and tooling
• Designs and develops cloud native software
• Creates software using modern software development languages.
• Uses application architecture, design patterns and data modelling to build software products.
• Uses current technical practices such as writing clean, testable code and pair programming.
• A problem finder, problem solver and solution implementer.
• Solid experience of object-oriented programming concepts using C#, .Net and .Net Core latest framework versions.
Desirable experience, skills and competencies:
• Managing costs on a cloud-based platform
• Growing engineers personal and technical skills through coaching and mentoring.
• Previous experience in transforming and refactoring of enterprise level applications towards the cloud.
• Takes ownership and responsibility for systems across teams
• Takes responsibility within the team.
• Builds trust, safely and inclusion in teams
• Comfortable presenting to a large audience
• Comfortable delivering workshops and training
• Exposure to software in one of the following languages (Blazor, Typescript, NoSql)
• Exposure to secure coding practices and mitigates common vulnerabilities.
• Experience of one or more integration or orchestration systems would be an advantage.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.