About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
Location: Dumbarton, Scotland
Support the delivery of the manufacturing build programme in both legacy and new products during their ramp phase.
The key focus will be delivering the product, On Quality, On Time & On Cost, driving corrective actions and improvements using structured problem solving, effective collaboration across the operations’ team and ensuring ownership and problem closure with a keen focus on CoPQ drivers.
This will involve building strong relationships with Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Quality and Design teams.
Experienced individual contributor (specialist operational/technical role, or experienced professional). Works independently, with limited supervision. Problems faced may be difficult but can be addressed within an established framework
- Providing line support and be the point of contact between the Quality, Production and Engineering teams
- Disposition of product from GRI and MRB reviews.
- Evaluate quality results, trend analyses, deviations, concessions, out-of-specification results, corrective, and preventive actions. Provide management level reports to illustrate issues and actions
- Driving continuous improvement in products and services by leading cross-functional teams using structured problem solving techniques (5why, Fishbone, 8D)
- Monitor and improve supplier quality. Liaise with Supplier Development team
- Perform internal ISO9001 audits, audit administration, NC management, and providing support for external audits.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements (UL, CSA) in co-operation with Engineering
- Overall ownership of certain key processes in production e.g., PLS, NPFA, DRs
- Supporting resolution of issues identified from GRI and build teams
Indicative Performance Measures / Key Interdependencies:
- Generate and drive corrective actions when KPIs are not being met. Actions driven through daily and weekly meetings with Production and report provided for monthly Management meeting
- Effective management of Production Line Stops ensuring that containment time for PLS’ is kept to absolute minimum and that all actions are recorded and implemented. Ensure close out of all cases with root cause and preventative actions identified
- Workings with Production team to facilitate and identify opportunities for elimination of waste and reduction of detractors
- NPFAs processed and analysed. Recommendations for solutions provided
- Assist Field Engineers in helping resolve technical problems arising from NPFAs
- Translate solutions to NPFAs into effective preventative measures in production or in collaboration with the design teams
- Follow up any technical or trend issues identified in DRs and drive a solution, working with Production, Design and Supplier Quality
- Review and organise the generation of key management reports along with high level analysis and course of action on and ensure the development of standard reports for Quality meetings
- Relevant degree in Quality\Production\Engineering disciplines OR
- HND in Quality or relevant technical discipline
- 3+ year’s experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Exposure to NPI within Manufacturing and Design
- Experience in Electrical, Mechanical Design and or Build
- Exposure to Harness Manufacturing and pr Metal Work welding /forming
- Experience of ISO9001 Management of NC is essential
- Experience of development and use of risk management tools would be useful but not essential
- 3+ years’ involvement in and leading of Quality/Continuous Improvement projects and activities. Green belt or above a distinct advantage
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred with knowledge of quality methods, ISO standards and processes
- Ability to work in an effective manner with the direct team members and wider cross-functional teams. Excellent relationship building skills and adept at working in partnership with Production/Engineering and Customers
- Good IT skills and experience of Microsoft packages, particularly Excel experience in dealing with remote fleet or Service Engineers to understand technical problems and finding a resolution
- Experience of assembling mechanical systems. It is essential that you can understand and interpret Engineering drawings
- Practical understanding of Inspection of Mechanical and Electrical sub-assemblies and experience of developing Quality Plans to support this activity
- Well organised, able to work unsupervised and manage changing priorities with ability to effectively progress and facilitate problem solving
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and rises to the challenge
- Experience of generators
- Able to work on own initiative
- Effective team player with a positive attitude
- Flexible and willing to take on additional responsibilities when required
- Focused and able to cope with demanding production schedules
- Flexible to work extra hours when the job requires
- A quality led approach to your work. You take pride in your work and ownership for meeting the required quality standards
- Working strictly in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintaining work area in a safe and tidy working condition
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.