WE NEED YOU!
As we head into winter, the message from the government is clear - we all must be as vigilant as possible and get a COVID-19 test whenever necessary. We at Sodexo are proud to be continuing our important work supporting the national response to control the virus.
Our COVID-19 Testing Sites are key to this and we are seeking additional testing support at many of our centres across the UK.
We are seeking to recruit Test Supervisors to oversee the management of the Mobile Testing Unit, supervising the service delivery and all activities and outputs for the unit.
Typical working hours on average are from 7.00am – 6.00pm with rest breaks in-between and will be on a rota of 3 days on and then 3 days off. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to have a valid UK driving license with a minimum of 2 years driving experience and no more than 6 points on your licence. You will also need access to your own vehicle as in the absence of the Site Manager, you will be required to drive the Mobile Test Unit to and from site each day.
The Rapid Test Site will change from day to day and you will need to be prepared to travel up to an hour’s distance without travel expenses from the Rapid Test Site that will be assigned to with less than 48 hours notice. You will have to ensure that whilst travelling to site, you are adhering to government guidelines and social distancing measures.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
Please note, your driving licence will be subject to a compliance check upon application.
- Oversee the management of the Mobile Testing Unit and coordination of operations
- Manage all responsibilities including; traffic management, test admin support, test collection, test drop off and the supply management of test kits and PPE
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations on an operational site and uphold the Sodexo values on a deployment.
- Read and interpret directives and documentation issued
- Carry out instructions provided in a written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to problem-solve and create solutions to complex problems
- Keeping records, ensuring safety regulations and procedures are adhered to
- Leadership and supervisory practices
- Deliver training and coach MSO team members on all required training
- Monitor FLOW compliance according to contract requirements
- Understanding & enforce regulatory requirements including SOP and operational requirements.
- Required to drive the Mobile Test vehicle to and from site each day in the absence of the Site Manager / when required
- Follow the correct reporting lines as per the organisation chart ensuring concerns/queries are raised in real time
- Deputise for the site MTU Manager in their absence taking on all daily paperwork and duties as directed
- Liaison with MTU Command Centre team as required.
- Ensuring that MSO payroll is input and managed efficiently within the labour management system
- Support when required on team rostering and deployment activities
The Ideal Candidate
- Due to the nature of the role, you must be 23 or over and must be in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19. You must also have valid UK driving licence (manual gear box) with a minimum of 2 years driving experience and no more than 6 points on your licence.
- You must have access to a vehicle as you will need to be prepared to travel up to an hour’s distance from the Rapid Test Site without travel expenses with location assigned with less than 48 hours notice.
- You must have native or bilingual proficiency level English
- Commitment to the work and to following the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Working knowledge of MS Office; Word, Excel and Teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- Willingness to work in an outdoor environment
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Full, clean driving licence with access to own car
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
- Understanding of PPE practices is desirable, however training is provided
- First aid trained
- Previous experience of supervising a team
- Cleaning and sterilisation experience
- Full operational knowledge of the MTU operation
- Understanding of IOSH and managing safety at work
- Experience of transporting medical waste (the collection of PPE and biohazard waste)
- Experience working in a medical, clinical or health environment
- Hourly rate of £13.50
- This position is offered on a fixed term basis based on 40 hours per week until January 2023
- Successful candidates will need to be available for an immediate start
- Please only apply for this role via
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.