Team Leader/ Head of Nursery/ Nursery Manager
Location: Ganavan Oban
Salary: £29,000 p/a
Hours: 40hrs pw – Year Round – Rota system between 8am & 6pm - PT Job share also considered for both roles
Come join the childcare revolution! Learn more about stramash here: stramash.org.uk
Description: Our heads of nursery are special people, each with a unique background and skill-set. We are seeking a new team leader for our first and most established nursery setting in Oban.
Stramash has been on something of a journey over the last few years and you will be joining an organisation re-invigorated in its drive and intention to support and develop it’s people in their professional development, whilst ensuring quality childcare and outdoor experiences for all the children in our care.
If you care passionately about children and childhood, about the outdoors and its importance, if you have strong leadership skills, can remain calm under pressure, support and lead your team to deliver first class child care and learning, have a good working knowledge of childcare and the associated organisations and agencies we work alongside to provide the best outcomes for children, then we want to hear from you!
Being able to do a realistic dinosaur noise is a bonus and may or may not feature during the interview process…
There is a full job description, person specification and recruitment pack on our website where you can also complete our digital application form if you wish.
Due to safer recruitment guidelines all applications must be via our application form on https://stramash.org.uk/work-with-us/
You can also view our full recruitment pack and job details there!
Stramash Tornagrain Team Leader/Nursery Head Job Description
- To lead and manage the nursery and its team in a largely outdoor setting, and in line with the vision, mission and values set out on our website – www.stramash.org.uk
- To manage the team on a day to day basis, with all that is involved in the management of individuals and a team, ensuring that very high standards and quality are maintained at all times and that all procedures, policies and processes are being implemented and followed.
- To promote a high-quality ELC environment for every child, and to ensure parents and all major stakeholders are well engaged throughout.
- To ensure that all records and reporting are regularly kept up to date and are of high quality, including, but not limited to, daily records, children’s portfolios, improvement plans and self evaluations.
- To implement and monitor the self-assessment and review processes.
- To take responsibility for the effective business management of the nursery,
ensuring record-keeping is timely, well-organised and accurate.
- To work with the CEO and Finance Manager on producing and using monthly
management accounts covering the nursery’s operational and financial
- To promote and embed a culture of continuous improvement within the team and ensure the nursery’s continued readiness for successful future inspections from the Care Inspectorate and/or Education Scotland.
- To contribute to the training and support of the team’s Modern Apprentice and (if appropriate) to undertake some assessments and independent verification.
- To prioritise your team’s CPD as well as your own.
- To participate in Stramash’s Leaders Team which meets each month, and to contribute to Stramash’s strategic priorities and wider corporate life.
1. Qualified to at least SVQ level 3 or equivalent in childcare or hold a teaching or education qualification
2. Evidence of ongoing CPD and training
1. Substantial experience of working with Early Years children and their parents
2. Experience of managing and developing people
3. Experience of planning and implementing stimulating and productive Early Years play and learning experiences, with the child at the centre
1. Very good working knowledge of the early level within the Curriculum for Excellence
2. Excellent knowledge of outdoor learning, including the underpinning history, ethos and processes, and how it can be used to facilitate the development of children and young people
1. Be familiar and effective in planning and assessing within the Early Years
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Ability to represent Stramash in a professional manner and to build positive relationships with
4. Ability to work effectively within a team and collaborate with other team members
1. Adaptable and enthusiastic team player and can work on own initiative as well as under supervision
2. A passion for using the outdoors to develop the whole person and enjoys being outdoors
3. Have a sense of fun and adventure
1. Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of and a commitment to the aims of Stramash
2. Computer literate
3. Demonstrate a willingness and ability to accept responsibility and become involved in all aspects of Stramash life
4. Registered, or eligible to register, with either SSSC or GTCS and able to provide membership of the PVG Scheme
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.