Senior Marine Operative
Location: Geasgill, Isle of Mull
Salary: Up to £36,198.16 per annum dependent on experience, inclusive of enhanced payments for weekend and weekday overtime
If you are an ambitious and motivated person looking for your next challenge in an exciting workplace, now is the perfect time to take your next step with The Scottish Salmon Company.
Due to significant investment in the company, we are now looking to recruit a Senior Marine Operative to work as directed by the Marine Site Manager and to assume responsibility for the day to day operations of marine sites, vessels and equipment, shore bases and staff within your control.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Operating to the highest standard of husbandry, biosecurity, food safety and quality.
- Monitoring feed and biological performance
- Feeding and movement of feed
- Sea lice identification and reporting
- Sampling, weighing and grading of fish
- Site maintenance including net changing etc.
- Boat handling
- Understanding of site KPI’s and support to the manager
Your Skills & Experience:
- Ideally have experience of working within the marine industry
- Experience in aquaculture and fish husbandry
- Full clean driver’s license
- Good practical skills
- Team player
- Experience of working on and around boats
- Flexibility regarding working hours
In addition to a competitive salary, with regular reviews, we offer many other benefits including:
- Enhanced relocation support
- Friends & family referral scheme
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work & retail discount schemes
- Employee assistance program
- Critical Illness Cover – also for your spouse or partner
- Occupational health service
- Professional development opportunities
- £150 million turnover
- 650+ employees
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands.
Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognising our commitment to Scotland, our industry and employees.
How to Apply:
Please complete and return the application form available on our website or send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Friday 26th November 2021.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.