About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
About this job:
You will test and validate product and system performance for new products, product upgrades / major changes, product characterisation, and customer applications / solutions that are developed within GP&T.
Sounds like you? Here’s what you’ll need to demonstrate:
• Passion for engineering and development activities leading to successful products/solutions meeting all customer needs
• Strong test knowledge and experience of electrical machines and power system applications
• Effective team player with a positive attitude, innovative thinking and encouraging this in others
• An HNC/HND or equivalent in engineering and will have served a recognised apprenticeship in an electrical discipline or have equivalent related experience.
• HV Qualification (C&G preferred)
• Experience of equipment and systems testing. Ideally have experience of the testing and maintenance of power generators, temperature control equipment, and battery energy storage systems.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred with knowledge of production methods.
• Ability to understand and interpret schematic drawings and follow, to resolution, logical fault identification processes.
• Experienced in RCA investigation techniques.
• Experienced in process instrumentation, pressure transducers, temperature measurement, fault finding and installation.
• Experienced in performance measurement of rotating machinery, electrical power measurement and electrical efficiency.
• Target focused, able to cope with demanding development schedules and ready to work out-with normal hours when the job requires.
• Familiar in working within a PTW system and practices.
• Computer literate with effective communication and administrative skills
Your key responsibilities:
• Lead and execute testing of new product prototypes and development equipment, and audit testing of production built units.
• Carry out testing in conformance with departmental standards and procedures, and collate results in an orderly and timely fashion.
• Identify record, resolve and communicate technical problems that are identified during the build and test process. Work closely with the design teams to design out the manufacturing and operational issues identified during prototype build and test.
• Escalate technical issues that cannot be resolved and ensure each issue is closed off with an appropriate technical and manufacturing solution.
• Identify quality or technical problems raised by build standards and work with the Development Fitters to eliminate recurring problems.
• Communicate progress and highlight any areas in which targets are unlikely to be met as soon as possible. • Testing of HV installations and protection relays.
• Identify problems caused by supplier quality issues and ensure the supply chain team have the information and technical support required to resolve issues.
• Active role in the generation, control and upkeep of departmental procedures and processes.
• International travel to customer and supplier sites in a technical support capacity.
• Adhere to the 6S principles of maintaining high levels on the shop floor at all times.
• Take part in continuous improvement activity within the development and engineering team, and the wider manufacturing team.
• Support, and provide training where required, to others within the team and wider Aggreko businesses.
The people you’ll work with:
Validation Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Controls Engineers, Systems Engineers, Development Build Fitters, Validation Engineering Manager
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.