We need YOU!
At: Newcastle Quayside Premier Inn
Role: Kitchen Team Leader
Rate of Pay: Earnings up to £24k PA
Plus, you can earn free nationally recognized qualifications with our award-winning apprenticeship program!
At Premier Inn, our mission is to help the nation rest easy. And that includes enjoying great food when they stay with us. As Kitchen Team Leader you’ll be at the heart of that, managing our uber-organised team to make sure they deliver the mouth-watering meals and legendary breakfasts we’re known for.
No matter what industry your shift management experience is from, with your proven skills and our award-winning training, you’ll maintain our high food and hygiene standards, efficiently manage stock and rotas, and work with hotel managers to create a restaurant experience our guests will love.
What you need
Some experience in the kitchen or as a chef would be great, but it isn’t essential. It’s about what you bring as a person. If you can offer the following, we want to hear from you.
- A successful background as a team leader (this could be within any industry).
- Enthusiasm for food, cooking, and achieving high standards.
- A natural ability to quickly learn new things (like kitchen management).
- Passion for delivering an amazing experience to our guests.
What will I do as a Kitchen Team Leader?
- Cook our legendary breakfasts and mouth-watering evening meals.
- Work alongside the Deputy Hotel Manager to deliver both a great guest and a great team experience thanks to your organisation and calming presence.
- Monitor breakfast and dinner quality and service scores, manage food stock and stock control.
- Set your team up for success with effective briefings throughout the week.
- Make sure the whole team follows our procedures, training, and compliance checks to serve food that delights our guests.
Work with Whitbread
Premier Inn, the UK’s most loved hotel, is part of the Whitbread family alongside some of the UK’s best-known restaurant brands. We’re truly proud to give great experiences to millions of guests and create long-term career opportunities for people just like you! In fact, in 2021 we were voted a Top Employer for the eleventh year running.
We’re also proud to have a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and feels able to be themselves. We want to continue to attract people from all walks of life. In return, you’ll get the chance to shine with our award-winning induction and training and the opportunity to build a career at Whitbread.
And if that wasn’t enough, you’ll enjoy a range of great benefits like:
- Whitbread’s Privilege Card, which gives you up to 60% discount on hotel rooms and 25% discount across our restaurant brands
- huge discounts on our famous Premier Inn Hypnos Mattresses, pillows, and beds
- discounted on-shift meals, starting from £2 or 50% off the standard menu price
- Costco membership and other retail, gym and leisure discounts including Virgin Experience Days and O2 Open Employee discount.
On top of all that, there are financial benefits like a pension and annual Sharesave schemes; wellbeing benefits including eye health and Vision Express discounts; and we’ll help you support the charities you care about by matching what you give.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now.
We welcome your application, whatever your background or situation. Whitbread is an inclusive employer and we believe there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We strongly encourage anyone from under-represented groups to build a career with us. Under-represented groups include women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term). We are open to part-time and flexible working and will try to support this where we can.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.