We currently have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our Food Safety team on a permanent basis. This is an ideal job for someone looking to come into Food Safety at entry level, learn the business and grow their knowledge.
The Quality Controller is responsible for carrying out checks to ensure that all products are produced to the relevant specifications and quality standards, and that this is done by following the correct company procedures to ensure that the site food safety, legality and quality policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
• Ensure all start up checks have been carried out and visually inspect that production area and machinery arehygienically clean before production commences
• Calibration of checkweighers before production commences (where applicable)
• Quality inspection of products against product specification & quality standards
• Audits of quality and food safety checks and paperwork being completed by production, including but not limited to label checks, metal detector checks, weight checks, machine start up checks, traceability and temperature
• Checking product safety, legality and quality at the start and end of the production run and regularly throughout the production run
• Identification of non-conforming product and processes and ensuring that Quality Technician and/or Quality Manager are informed as soon as possible
• Supporting production operatives and team leaders to ensure quality standards are met
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Standards and ensure that all issues found during the shift are reported
• Check start and end of run metal detector checks and paperwork have been completed
• Good communication both verbal and written
• Take ownership and accountability to achieve the required standards
• Positive demeanour and can-do attitude
• Ability to motivate, persuade and influence daily contacts
• Gather and record accurate information
• Meet deadlines by working with colleagues and teams across the business
• Basic IT literacy
• Awareness of production processes is preferred
This role is contracted to (on average) 37.5 hours per week working Monday to Friday.
If this sounds like a role you’d be interested in and suits your skills, knowledge and experience, apply via our website.
To apply for a role with us, you must be eligible to work in the UK and able to travel to our site in Rosyth for work each day.
Please note, we retain the right to close this vacancy or keep it open subject to volume and quality of applications. We would therefore encourage candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.