Ayrshire has a wealth of local heritage and culture, first class leisure amenities, world-wide travel links, diverse landscapes and thriving communities.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Ayrshire Valuation Joint Board (AVJB) as Assessor and Electoral Registration Officer. The AVJB has been established since 1996 and discharges jointly the functions of North, South and East Ayrshire Valuation authorities.
As Assessor and Electoral Registration Officer, you will have direct responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the Valuation Roll and Valuation List, these are the base documents which are required for the three Ayrshire Councils to ingather non-domestic rates and council tax. In addition, as Electoral Registration Officer, you will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the Register of Electors for electoral events.
What is the role?
Ensure the statutory duties imposed on the Joint Board in respect of valuation and electoral registration are fully and competently discharged, including maintenance of the Valuation Roll and Council Tax Valuation List and Register of Electors.
Modernise the delivery of services, expanding AVJBs modernisation of Information Technology to support that delivery.
Provide leadership, vision and direction and encourage a positive organisational culture of empowerment and innovation that delivers continuous improvements in performance and service delivery.
The Assessor and department are responsible for three main functions:
- The production of a Valuation Roll setting out the values of all non-domestic properties for rating purposes.
- The production of a Council Tax Register or list in which is shown the Council Tax band of each dwelling for Council Tax purposes.
- The production of the Register of Electors (commonly known as the ‘Voter’s Roll’).
- Experience of undertaking the strategic development and operational management of a large service area.
- Professional/Associate Member or Fellow the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Relevant degree or qualification in management.
- Proven advocacy skills.
- Track record of service improvement.
Please click on the option to download additional information on this vacancy to access the Job Description.
The post of Assessor and Electoral Officer is Chief Officer, and the annual salary is £103,574. This is a politically restricted post.
For additional information on this position, please contact Helen McPhee, Assessor on 01292 612540.
Closing date for applications is 8 December 2021.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.