The Road operative 3 will be responsible for working as part of a team a team to contribute towards maintaining the road network.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
Full and current UK Driving Licence
Plus one of the following:
Class C Driving Licence with CPC Certificate
Appropriate plant operator certificate
Demonstrable specialist skills
The post holder must be prepared to:
• Work outside in all weather
• Work out with normal working hours where required
• Take part in in winter rota as required
The post holder is expected to demonstrate skills and experience in:
Experience supervising and co-ordinating resources
Proven ability to work on own initiative within a squad
Proven ability to take a logical and analytical approach to solving problems.
Proven ability to support the management of contracts and associated contractors
Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Proven ability to communicate effectively
Proven ability to manage a real time workload while delivering on key objectives.
Proven ability to carry out Supervision
Proven ability to monitor and implement Health and Safety requirements
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families:
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
Have a disabilityare care-experienced and aged 16-29
Are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
Have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
Are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Carry out duties to keep the road network in good condition as instructed by their Superintendent
• Carry out duties on the road network as requested by the Superintendent
• Carry out duties in accordance with Council Policy and Procedures
• Appropriate management of equipment and materials
• Ensure the highest standard of work at all times
Carry out duties in accordance with Health and Safety regulations and procedures
• Ensure work is being carried out in accordance with the Health and Safety requirements of the service
• Ensure compliance and highlight issues where necessary
• Provide Supervisor with information where required
• Complete paperwork as required
Assist Superintendent, allocate resources and take responsibility on site when requested by Superintendent
• Ensure the timeous logging of all time, plant and materials for the works
• Take instruction and allocate resource as required
• Supervise and undertake works on site
• Liaise with Operative, Supervisor and Technical staff as required
Operate and maintain council vehicles and equipment to the required standard
• Ensure compliance with regard to safety checks, maintenance and necessary documentation
• Provide information to the Superintendent when required
• Manage vehicle, plant and equipment safely
• Ensure vehicles and equipment are operated and managed appropriately
Complete paperwork as required
• Complete timesheets, plant and material sheets
• Complete Vehicle documentation as required
• Complete relevant Health and Safety documentation
• Complete any other relevant documentation as requested or required
Closing date is 30 November, 2021
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.