Are you a highly motivated individual looking to expand your career? We are currently looking for a passionate and highly motivated individual to make a difference at the Company’s lumpfish hatchery.
About the job
The maintenance technician role is a crucial part of the operations process. We need our technicians to strive for continuous improvement and deliver on all aspects of hatchery work to keep the team on track and performing well. The job includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the facility:
- Ensuring that all mechanical systems are operating at the highest safety and operational standards reducing down-time and costs;
- Effective use of preventative site maintenance systems (UpKeep). Ensuring all work is completed to the correct standards and timelines;
- Actively take-part and assist in all maintenance tasks, including installations and preventative maintenance;
- Responding to breakdowns and system defects, ensuring safety is always prioritised;
- Identifying performance issues, carrying out diagnostics, servicing and maintaining equipment, machinery, and systems; and
- Identifying and recommending improvements to machine reliability and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will strive to develop their skills and knowledge to fully understand all plant and equipment on site, including operational specifics, preventative maintenance procedures and risks associated. The understanding will be linked both to the mechanical operation of such equipment and the impact this has on the potential running of the site in a production-based approach.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Multi skilled engineer – both mechanical and electrically-qualified is desirable.
- A positive attitude with drive, resilience, and willingness to learn as well as adapt.
- PVC pipework and fittings installation experience desirable.
What does Ocean Matters offer?
In return for your effort, you will be part of the team in a constantly expanding industry.
- An attractive salary, with pension plan and bonus scheme
- Structured training plan with a range of development opportunities
- Occupational health support
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply, please upload your Covering Letter and CV to our website www.mowi.com by Thursday 2nd December 2021.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.