We are now recruiting for a Chef Supervisor to support our Catering department at HMP Addiewell. This is an important role, reporting to the Chef Team Leader and working closely with colleagues and external agencies, both locally and in the wider Sodexo environment.
Sodexo Justice Services is a custodial services company with a reputation for delivering high quality services through its philosophy that everyone can develop and make changes for the better. HMP Addiewell is a learning prison, with a strong and concerted focus on learning not to reoffend, relevant skills training and employability and we work with all areas of the wider community to en-sure prisoners have the best possible chance of leading positive lives following release.
Learn more here about working in
- To supervise the Catering PCO staff and kitchen residents in the preparation of meals in accordance with approved recipes and menus.
- To supervise kitchen residents in the clean-up activity to maintain high standards of hygiene, safety, health standards and security.
- To support Catering PCO staff Carrying out searches of residents and goods received.
- To manage the prison kitchen in aspects of Food Hygiene and Food safety.
- Ensure all food is prepared and handled in accordance with the relevant guidelines.
- Assist to maintain efficient and secure receipt, storage and issue of foods and provisions and maintain documents related with these systems.
- Complete all relevant daily paperwork
- Ensure all requests for maintenance of plant equipment are processed efficiently.
- Ensure residents comply with cleaning procedures and stock rotation.
- Ensure all residents and staff adhere to Sodexo Health & Safety procedures and the Food Safety Act 1990
- To instruct and oversee the daily workload of Catering PCO staff and residents
The Ideal Candidate
- Suitable qualifications for example City & Guilds 706 -1/706 -2 or equivalent NVQ level.
- To participate in training as required to keep up to date with all mandatory and refresher training.
- Intermediate level of food hygiene certificate.
- Comply with Sodexo policies and procedures and wear Sodexo name badge, I.D., and correct uniform always.
- Be IOSH Trained or working towards it
- Experience in a similar catering environment for large numbers
£27,000 per annum
37.5 hours a week, working 5 out of 7 days including weekend working.
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holiday.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.