If you have a passion for leading a team to deliver service excellence as well as food safety requirements with all due diligence - this may just be the role for you!
we’re looking for a Fixed Term Chef Manager to join our amazing team in Glasgow. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced catering professional with strong leadership skills where you will be responsible for a team of 6, including their training and development. With a focus on Food Safety and Health and Safety, you’ll also maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the catering operation to the required standard.
Frustrated working split shifts, long 12-hour days every day and then working every weekend and bank holidays too? We believe in quality of life not only for our clients, but our people too! This role is primarily Monday to Friday - 7am – 3.30pm.
- To plan, organise and coordinate all catering activity
- To ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement
- To grow services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- Continually monitor all food standards and hygiene standards and ensure they are maintained at the highest level
- To drive catering performance through adherence to all promotional activity and marketing initiatives
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- CIEH level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven experience in catering sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:- BSC (Catering), MHCIM, HND, City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and 3 and possess an intermediate level food safety certificate
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
Salary - £25,000 per annum
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance, free will writing, life assurance, 24hrs GP access and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave.
We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (); employee engagement and recognition services () and through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.