Primary School Support Worker - PKC08043
£12,458 - £13,388 (27.5 Hours per week, Term-time only)
Crieff Primary School
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Primary School Support Worker to join our team.
Working as part of our office staff team, the successful candidate will be motivated, flexible and dedicated to delivering an excellent admin support service. Strong ICT skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications is essential.
Working as part of a team in our School Office, the successful candidate will carry out a wide variety of administrative and reception tasks to support the smooth functioning of Crieff Primary school.
You will have the ability to work effectively on your own, as part of a team and be of support to the senior management team. You must be a good multitasker and have the ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with the requirements of GDPR.
You have responsibility for keeping up to date with changes in procedures and technology.
Your role, as office lead will include, but not exhaustively, the following tasks and responsibilities.
- Assisting with all operational aspects of the school budget, ensuring reconciliation with bank accounts and annual end of year income and audit requirements.
- Managing all aspects of financial information systems including ordering, receipting, resolving queries, running reports, etc. and general financial housekeeping throughout the financial year
- Internal and external communication e.g. emails, telephone calls, letters to parents, queries into school
- Resource and supplies management
- Managing/scheduling all school specific calendars
- Producing and updating various school documents
- Assist with the management and organisation of school trips and visits
- Provide a school reception service.
- Manage and maintain the maintenance of the schools Management Information System, including the production of registers and maintenance of pupil records.
- Assist with the management of the school meals system. A large part of this role involves using current digital skills. The successful candidate will have working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office 365 packages. The main systems currently used are Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, Share-point, OneDrive. Knowledge of PECOS, SEEMIS, ParentPay, Parents Portal would be an advantage but not necessary as training can be given.
Knowledge and understanding of working with financial packages as well as a high standard of literacy and numeracy skills are also requirements. Attention to detail, a good telephone manner and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time are necessary to be successful in this role.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our dynamic staff team in Crieff Primary.
The successful applicant will have excellent people skills, IT skills, organisational and financial skills and be skilled in supporting the work of the school, our parents, pupils, the School Leadership Team and staff to provide high quality learning environments and learning experiences for children.
If you would like any more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Hannah Wallace, Head Teacher on 01764 657888.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.