Centrica Business Solutions are a leading company working within the Renewable Energy & Solar PV sector. We have an exciting opportunity for a Solar O&M Technician/Solar PV Engineer to join our team. The role will be field based covering areas from around Sheffield and Doncaster.
You'll be responsible for carrying out operations & maintenance activities on a wide variety of installs, ranging from domestic roof top installs to large ground mount solar PV farms.
As an O&M Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring adherence to all health & safety procedures at all times.
- Carrying out operations, fault finding, checks and maintenance on ground mount solar PV plants which will include working on inverters, electrical components, cabling, junction boxes and the framework.
- Assisting in the installation of solar plant (when/if required).
- Managing relationships with contractors working on the sites.
- Providing reports on tasks undertaken (mainly using IAuditor template).
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this position:
- You must hold relevant electrical engineering qualifications (apprenticeship / City & Guilds / NVQ / 17th/18th Edition etc.)
- Have proven experience in a similar O&M Technician or Solar PV Electrician role.
- Previous experience in the solar PV sector (especially working on ground mount plant) and high voltage (HV) would be very advantageous.
You will be expected to travel overnight a few nights a week as we have over 70MW of Solar throughout the UK (mainly England and Wales). Therefore, you will need to hold a full & valid driving licence. Accommodation and other travel expenses such as food will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading company in the Renewable Energy & Solar PV industry. We’re offering a competitive salary depending on experience, plus benefits including performance payments, van, fuel card, tools, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays etc.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap across the technology sector and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.