Stagecoach Cumbria are looking for enthusiastic and motivated staff to join our team of Engineers at Carlisle depot, applicants should be time-served Craftsmen used to working under pressure in a busy environment on state of the art vehicles.
The overall purpose of the position is to provide quality service and repairs in a safe, efficient and economical manner to our fleet of vehicles.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observe, recognise and report on body or structured defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- Carry out vehicle manufacturers or company modifications as required.
- Marking out, cutting and forming sheet metal, pillar section, plywood, hardboard, glass fibre panels, preparatory to fitting on a vehicle.
- Fitting panels to vehicle body frames, using anti-fretting and corrosion materials, adhesives on lap and toggle joints, screws, nails, rivets and other fixing devices including moulding strips.
- Cutting out apertures and fitting windows.
- Hanging doors, both horizontally and vertically, of wood or metal.
- Repairing damaged vehicles by removing damaged panels and body members, straightening panels and members (where possible) and replacing any removed parts.
- Carry out repair to body structure using welding equipment.
- Making good damaged paintwork on a vehicle body, with a complete re-paint to include matching colours.
- Manufacture, repair or maintenance of body fittings and accessories.
Experience of heavy commercial vehicles, especially PCV vehicles would be an advantage.