Hours of Work: 40
Shifts: Hours are to be worked flexibly Monday- Friday (Some evening and weekend work will be required to successfully acquire the reads required)
A bit about the role...
Have a passion for great customer service and spending time outdoors? Don’t want to be stuck in an office in a 9-5 role?
Come rain or shine, you’ll provide a critical role in ensuring our customers receive accurate and up to date bills by collecting data from water meters. You’ll update meter reads accurately throughout the day on your state of the art handheld device.
There will be an occasional need to walk longer distances as not all of our customers live in built up areas but you’ll get great exercise!
What does an average day look like?
On your first day you’ll meet your Team Leader who will guide you through an induction and ensure you have all the equipment you need to do a great job. Over your first 2 weeks you’ll work with an experienced mentor who will teach you everything you need to know.
Once you feel confident to go out alone, your work will be allocated to you via your hand held device and you’ll plan your days based on the location the work is in. You’ll make your way to your first property using the fully expensed van we provide. Once you arrive and you’ve read the meter, which can be wireless or manual, you’ll record the information accurately on your handheld device.
You will work independently and will have the motivation to work quickly and efficiently. We can’t predict the weather but we will provide you with the kit for all elements to ensure the work can be completed.
What we need from you
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Ideally from a background where you are used to driving & managing appointments
- Enjoy working outdoors
- A full UK manual driving licence
- Ability to work to timescales and under pressure
- Flexible approach to tasks and working
- Friendly personality with a professional approach to work
- You must be able to pass our screening and vetting standards and pass a DBS check
Who are we?
M Group Services Energy Retail Division is proud to be one of the UK's largest utilities support organisations – and we’re still growing, with some exciting times ahead! We pride ourselves on being award-winning and recognised for our diligence, customer service and expertise. We work with our clients and partners to ensure we keep abreast of industry developments and remain at the forefront of progress.
M Group Services Energy Retail Division is a part of M Group Services, a £1.7 billion turnover business, with a wide and diverse field of operations that regularly presents opportunities for growth. M Group Services have been one of the Times 100 Top Track Companies for the last three years running and in 2021 was presented with the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award. Across all our businesses, we work hard to facilitate an environment that values and promotes our colleagues.
What we offer
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
- Pension Scheme and Life Assurance Cover
- Access to My Rewards which provides amazing reductions on 1000’s of purchases including Mobile Phone, Utility bill and top retail brand discounts. Here’s a few so you can see the type of savings you can make:
- Up to 7% discounts on major supermarkets
- Up to 52% on Cinema tickets
- Up to 33% on holidays and travel
- Up to 10% on restaurants and takeaways
- Up to 25% off gym membership
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Recommend a Friend and Earn scheme
- Reward & Recognition Scheme
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.