Hours of Work: 40 hours a week available
Shifts: Hours available between Monday to Sunday 8am to 8pm
A bit about the role
Do you like working in an active outdoor role? Do you want to take control of your schedule and work flexibly? If the answer is yes then this could be the role for you.
As a Meter Reader you will be responsible for collecting data from gas and electricity meters in both commercial and residential properties. You’ll update meter reads accurately throughout the day on your handheld device. You’ll be an ambassador for the company, representing many of the UK’s leading energy suppliers. As a member of the MDS family you’ll play a key role within our business and represent our brand. We have a reputation for hard work, great results, and for being a great place to work.
What does an average day look like?
Initially you join our training environment before moving out into the field. Start your day by signing into your handheld device so you’re ready for the day ahead. Your day will begin with you planning your route. Meters can be inside or outside properties so you’ll need to decide what time you’re more likely to gain access to an inside meter. You’ll spend your day walking from property to property, ensuring your own and customers’ safety at all times.
Once you arrive you’ll read the meters and record the information accurately on a state of the art handheld device. This will be done whilst delivering first class customer service to every property you visit. You work on your own and will have the motivation to work quickly and efficiently in an independent role. Come rain or shine you’ll brave the elements to get the job done.
What we need from you
- A full UK driving licence
- Customer Service experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Drive and motivation to work in an independent role
- Capability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work to timescales and under pressure
- Flexible approach to tasks and working
- Friendly personality with a professional approach to work
- Ability to walk for several miles every day
- You must be able to pass our screening and vetting standards, provide 5 years employment history and pass a DBS check
Who are we?
M Group Services Energy Retail Division is proud to be one of the UK's largest utilities support organisations – and we’re still growing, with some exciting times ahead! We pride ourselves on being award-winning and recognised for our diligence, customer service and expertise. We work with our clients and partners to ensure we keep abreast of industry developments and remain at the forefront of progress.
M Group Services Energy Retail Division is a part of M Group Services, a £1.7 billion turnover business, with a wide and diverse field of operations that regularly presents opportunities for growth. M Group Services have been one of the Times 100 Top Track Companies for the last three years running and in 2021 was presented with the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award. Across all our businesses, we work hard to facilitate an environment that values and promotes our colleagues.
What we offer
- 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
- Uncapped Bonus Scheme.
- Pension Scheme and Life Assurance Cover
- Access to My Rewards which provides amazing reductions on 1000’s of purchases including Mobile Phone, Utility bill & top retail brand discounts. Here’s a few so you can see the type of saving’s you can make:
- Up to 7% discounts on major supermarkets
- Up to 52% on Cinema tickets
- Up to 33% on holidays and travel
- Up to 10% on restaurants and takeaways
- Up to 25% off gym membership
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Recommend a Friend and Earn scheme
- Reward & Recognition Scheme
- Opportunities to progress in a successful company
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.