Service: LiveArgyll, Business Development Closing Date: Friday 10th December 2021
Interview date: - Wednesday 22nd December 2021 in HelensburghLiveArgyll is responsible for delivering Argyll and Bute Council’s Community Learning Service.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for supporting learners and working successfully with partners in communities.
The successful candidate will work with a job-share partner to initiate, plan and lead activities that deliver high quality community learning opportunities. They will assist the Community Learning team in providing learning and development opportunities for learners that will improve educational attainment, address educational and social disadvantage and support adults and young people to make positive changes to their lives and in their communities.
The successful candidate will be required to vary the focus of their work between adults and young people as directed by the service manager, but in the immediate future, will assume responsibility for the Adult Learning theme in the Helensburgh and Lomond area.
We’re looking for candidates to possess the following essential criteria:
Education and / or Professional Qualifications
• Degree, Diploma or Post Graduate qualification in Community Learning/Education or Degree or Post Graduate qualification in a related field, together with relevant experience, within which achievement is clearly evidenced. In some cases an HNC level CLD qualification may be considered.
• Experience of delivering Adult Learning, Community Development or Youth Work activities.
• Experience of assessing needs and developing objectives and plans for community-based learning
• Experience of working in partnership with other agencies.
Specific job-related knowledge
• Understanding of the social, emotional and behavioural barriers preventing learners from reaching their potential.
• Understanding of, and ability to apply, the principles and ethics of Community Learning and Development as a process that encourages personal and social change
Any additional job-related requirements
• The job holder is required to be a member of the PVG Scheme.
• The jobholder will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Argyll and Bute and beyond to meet the operational requirements of the Service.
• The job holder must be willing to work evenings and weekends when required.
Competencies (The skills, knowledge & behaviours required to perform this job effectively)
• A welcoming and non-judgemental attitude.
• The ability to relate to, engage and build positive working relationships with a wide range of adults and young people from varying backgrounds.
• A flexible and positive approach to working with colleagues, partners, adults and young people.
• The ability to use own initiative and to either work independently, or as part of a small area team with limited supervision.
Applicants should note that: -
This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with both children and adults.To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is Rhona Grant, Community Learning Team Leader on 01369 707164.
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CV’s, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.