Business Support Administrator
Salary: £19,424 - £21,828
Hours: 36 per week
We are currently recruiting a Business Support Administrator to support the City of Edinburgh Council’s Corporate Health and Safety; Risk Management; and Internal Audit teams with delivery of their assurance activities that help to keep the Council safe.
The role will be appointed on an initial 12 month fixed term contract. If you are interested in learning about these areas of the Council and further developing your administrative and business support skills, then please apply.
The role will involve
• Supporting annual planning processes
• Monitoring assurance delivery progress using key delivery metrics
• Maintaining access to systems
• Providing training and support for new system users
• Preparing performance management information to support committee reports
• Supporting future recruitment processes, and
• Other general administrative tasks
The successful candidate for the role will have / will be:
• passionate and enthusiastic about working in the public sector and helping to keep the City of Edinburgh Council safe
• strong effective verbal and written communication skills
• delivery focused
• team focused, but also able to work alone using own initiative
• capable of providing and receiving constructive feedback
• a structured and organised approach managing workload with a demonstrable ability to meet targets
• Knowledge and skills in a range of business support tasks at SVQ2 level (or equivalent).
• A detailed knowledge of relevant Microsoft applications (Word; Excel: Powerpoint) and an understanding of business support
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and the ability to assimilate and effectively communicate information. • Experience of working in an office environment
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range. For roles in grade 5 or above, annual increments in our contribution zones are dependent on achieving agreed performance goals.
We're committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits that a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds brings to us as an organisation.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.