Visitor Services Supervisor - Food & Beverage - Glenfinnan
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £25,603 to £27,318 per annum
- 37.5 Holidays pa, Pension, Staff Discounts and Free Entry for two to our properties
- Full Time
- Contact: Emily Bryce
- Reference: VSS - F&B Glenfinnan
- Posted January, 29, 2024 2:48 PM
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of our leadership team at the iconic Glenfinnan Monument and its Visitor Centre, which attracts hundreds of thousands of people from across the globe every year. You will be responsible for the day-to-day catering operations at our popular Viaduct View and Monument View takeaway cafes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Full time, permanent role (40 hours inc. 1 hour break a day)
- Lead with menu development and the preparation, cooking and presentation of a high-quality food and drink offer.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety, food hygiene, food allergen, licensing and environmental health standards, completing all related record-keeping.
- Accountable for cost-effective stock management, ordering, storage and wastage control.
- Offer excellent customer service and ensure all members of the catering team do the same.
- Support property-wide targets for completion of visitor surveys to understand more about our visitors.
- Act as one of our duty manager team, responsible for ensuring a safe and smooth visitor operation, opening/closing the visitor centre, addressing issues and emergency procedure and providing relief cover, as required.
- Supervise the activities of a team of permanent and seasonal Visitor Service Assistants (VSAs), achieving excellent staff performance and motivation through effective induction, training, task-setting and coaching on front and back-of-house routines.
- Prepare catering rotas and holiday allocation to meet business needs.
- Work closely with specialist advisory colleagues, i.e. our Trust-wide Catering Development team.
- Share responsibility for achieving an F&B budget of around £400,000 a year.
Monitor commercial performance and adjust activities to capitalize on sales opportunities and run a cost-effective catering operation.
- Supervise daily café till operations and perform end-of-day income reconciliation as a duty manager.
- Assist the F&B Manager with menu costing and stock-taking.
Performance indicators and targets
- Weekly, monthly and annual sales and cost of sales targets
- Food compliance standards and record-keeping
- Visitor enjoyment reviews and ratings from visitor surveys and visitor feedback
- Staff satisfaction from staff surveys
Tools / equipment / systems
- Access to laptop and relevant online people management, training, financial monitoring and stock ordering systems, including NTS intranet and Microsoft 365.
- EPOS tills and chip and pin machines.
- Fully equipped commercial catering kitchens.
Qualifications & knowledge
- Level 2 Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate or above
- Current driving license
- Qualifications in Catering, Hospitality, Tourism or Event Management
- Current First Aid certification (or willingness to train and use)
- SQA recognized personal license
Experience & skills
- ‘Hands on’ working in a busy catering and sales environment, ideally in a visitor attraction setting
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills, supervising and supporting staff on a daily basis
- Enthusiasm for preparing and serving high quality food and drink
- Passion for and ability to demonstrate the exceptional customer service required of all staff
- Confident communication skills (written and spoken)
- Computer literacy and familiar with Microsoft software
- Experience with cash handling, monitoring and interpreting financial data
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Ability to be proactive and to take initiative
- Understanding of and belief in the work of the National Trust for Scotland
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Closing date 18th February 2024
89% Match Online interviewPosted by National Trust for Scotland£11.45 per hourFull Time
This is an exciting and varied role based at Glenfinnan Monument and Visitor Centre. You’ll help us welcome visitors from across the globe and ensure they have a very enjoyable experience here from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave. Through warm, engaging, informative interactions, you’ll help share stories about this amazing place.
79% Match Immediate startFrom £12 per hourPart Time
We are looking for someone to join our front of house team, especially in the Kettle Garden Cafe. This is a part-time, seasonal role which would include taking lead on a Sunday shift. We are a real living wage employer so rate of pay is £12-13 depending on experience.
76% Match PopularPosted by VisitScotlandFrom £22,759 per annumPart Time
We are recruiting for seasonal positions in Fort William and Oban iCentre with varying start and end dates across April - October. Contracted hours will range from 14 - 35 dependent on the position. The starting salary is £22,759 pro-rata and based on 35 hours per week. Closing date 10th March.