Sous Chef at popular Highland Soap Cafe (Sociable hours)
- Bonus + tips + discounts in store and in cafe
- Part Time
- Contact: Emma Parton
- Posted November, 12, 2023 7:12 PM
Become a sous chef at the Larder Cafe at The Highland Soap Company's new visitor centre outside Fort William making delicious brunches, lunches and cakes. Opening hours for the cafe are mostly 9am-5pm, 7 days. 32+ hrs over 4 days...
The Larder Cafe is performing well; we have an excellent kitchen team with strong front-of-house. We are a friendly, locally-owned business serving a good menu to happy customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a sous chef to join the team. If you are looking for a new challenge, sociable hours and are passionate about food, we would love to hear from you.
Our kitchen team is made up of a Head chef and 3 further chefs.
Sociable hours with no split-shifts: most of the time, cafe opening hours are 9am-5pm with a few early evenings for events. 32+hrs over 4 days
Duties will include;
- Maintaining the smooth, efficient and hygienic running of the kitchen
- Creating, preparing and serving dishes in the Larder Cafe kitchen
- Creating and preparing fresh cakes and baked goods for the Larder Cafe
- Maintaining cleanliness in all areas of the cafe
- Maintaining high standard of stock control, monitor use-by dates, replenishing stock when
needed, ensuring stock is displayed correctly, and reporting any errors or shortfalls to a
- Use initiative to help solve problems and resolve issues with regards to hazards, using a see it,
sort it, report it approach
- Respond promptly and professionally to any form of customer feedback, reporting feedback to the food and beverage manager at all times
- Completing all training necessary for your job role
- Any other duties as required by the company
- Maintain uniform and appearance standards for the kitchen staff i.e. Clean kitchen uniform, no long nails, hair tied back at all times, etc.
You will be;
- Passionate about delivering the best of Highland Food and Hospitality, making customers
feel welcome and comfortable while being an advocate for local produce and business
- Naturally friendly with good communication skills
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Immediate startPosted by Abbeyfield BallachulishFrom £11.42 per hourPart Time
Abbeyfield Ballachulish, an award winning Nursing Care Home is looking for a part time Laundry assistant (16-24hrs per week) Cleanliness and Hygiene is a top priority for us and we want to continue to deliver the highest standards day in day out for our clients.
Work from home PopularPosted by Outdoor Access Trust for Scotland£29,224 to £31,026 per annumFull Time
Working as a key part of the Outdoor Access Trust for Scotland (OATS) team the post holder will lead on Access Projects including path volunteering/maintenance and access projects in the Cairngorms and throughout Scotland.