Team Member - The Cafe
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 781444
- Posted December, 06, 2022 1:10 PM
About the role Never a late night or long weekend, you can finally have a career in hospitality with the work-life balance you were looking for! Because our business is growing, we can offer you...
About the role
Never a late night or long weekend, you can finally have a career in hospitality with the work-life balance you were looking for! Because our business is growing, we can offer you job security and the opportunity to develop your career alongside us.
You will be responsible for
- Work in a busy Tesco Cafe giving great service worth recommending.
- Know your menu! Does the food or drink look right?
- Upsell our delicious extras...there's always room for a slice of cake!
- Encourage guests to give online feedback
- Always help to make sure your Cafe stays clean, safe & legal
- Once cross-trained, you will be responsible for making our delicious food and great drinks
You will need
- To be 18 years of age or older
- Practical work experience in Cafes, Fast Food, Restaurants, Pubs, etc
- Understand great service & be passionate about delivering it
- Warm & engaging personality
- Great at multi-tasking, get a buzz of working in a busy Cafe
- Positive attitude
- Cooking experience helpful, however willingness to learn essential
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
Alongside a fantastic work life balance, we offer excellent benefits that help make The Cafe a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service - 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- Retirement savings plan
- Life Assurance
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform provided
- Holiday starting at 28 days (Including Bank Holidays)
- Colleague Discounts: Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
With 311 Cafes across the country and counting, our teams work closely to make sure that the customer experience is to the best standard and service; no two days are ever the same! Tesco Cafes are a great place to work, with a genuine family feel - truly a Place to Get On.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco Café where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. In our Cafes, we not only celebrate diversity, but we strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range of applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you!
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Posted by Mowi Scotland£10.92 to £11.96 per hourFull Time
We have exciting opportunities available for Specialist Food Processing Apprentices to work within our processing facility in Fort William. It is an exciting time to join our processing facility as we prepare for an expansion...