GROUP HOTEL ACCOUNTANT
- Full Time
- Contact: Accounts Manager
- Posted November, 15, 2023 3:56 PM
ICMI currently manage the finance and payroll functions for 8 hotels from our central office, based at Inverlochy Castle. We are recruiting for a Group Hotel Accountant who will report to the Director of Finance.
GROUP HOTEL ACCOUNTANT
Finance – Central Office
ICMI (Inverlochy Castle Management International Ltd) was founded by the senior management of Inverlochy Castle Hotel, Scotland's most renowned small luxury hotel, to provide a consulting and management service to the hotel and hospitality industries.
ICMI currently manage the finance and payroll functions for 8 hotels from our central office, based at Inverlochy Castle. We are recruiting for a Group Hotel Accountant who will report to the Director of Finance. The advertised position of Group Hotel Accountant is full time, working office hours 09:00 – 17:30, Monday to Friday. Applications from suitable candidates who require flexibility around the working hours or days will be considered.
The Group Hotel Accountant will be responsible for managing the Accounts Team and will assume the following roles and responsibilities.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for preparation of P&L.
- Voucher transaction reporting and reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of standard and ad hoc reports.
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers.
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns.
- Journal entries.
- Completion of year end routines and documents for submission to the individual Hotel’s Auditors and Accountants.
- Liaising with the Hotel’s Auditors and Accountants.
- Assisting / preparing monthly payroll and submission to HMRC.
- Reviewing payment files.
- Input / upload of bulk payment files to online banking.
- Completion of ONS surveys.
- Maintenance of records in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Ensuring monthly reporting and tasks are completed on time.
- Ensuring compliance with internal procedures.
- Assistance with new software and procedural implementation.
- Assisting the accounts team with all tasks.
- Assisting hotel General Manager’s and Management teams with finance related requests.
- Other ad hoc tasks.
The Group Hotel Accountant’s role will not be limited to the above tasks, and any requisite functions of the Accounts Department may have to be performed by the Group Hotel Accountant.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role.
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry would be an advantage.
- Qualified / part qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Experienced user of Sage 50 accounts and Quickbooks.
- Guestline experience would be useful but is not a requirement.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A team player with an excellent attention to detail and accuracy in your work.
What we offer:
- 28 days annual leave
- Staff meals
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Discounted hotel stays at Luxury Scotland Properties
- Share of gratuities
- Salary will be dependent on experience.
If you would like to join our team, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Featured Immediate start PopularPosted by G & A Barnie Group LtdFull Time
Long-term rewarding career opportunities for enthusiastic individuals to develop their career within the Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing Industry sectors. G&A Barnie Group Ltd have a long history of training and developing employees, with some starting as apprentices and progressing to become branch managers.