Maintenance Craftsperson - Mechanical
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Bonus Scheme, Pension, Healthcare, Onsite Gym, Employee Discounts, CPD, Employee Assistance
- Full Time
- Contact: Lochaber Careers
- Reference: MechCraft001
- Posted January, 24, 2024 4:40 PM
Exciting opportunity for Mechanical Engineers! Elevate your career with us. We're hiring skilled professionals to innovate and optimise machinery. Competitive compensation, benefits, and a cutting-edge work environment await. Make your mark in engineering excellence!...
Established since 1929, ALVANCE British Aluminium, part of the GFG Alliance, owns and operates the last remaining aluminium production plant (smelter) in the UK and a connected hydropower electricity generation station located on the slopes of Ben Nevis, Britain’s highest mountain. A combination or renewable energy sources makes this site one of the greenest metal production plants in the country
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure Planned and Preventative Maintenance is carried out on plant and equipment as required in a timely manner.
- Diagnose and fault find mechanical breakdowns, and identify the quickest and most cost effective, long term solution.
- Support the Maintenance Team objective of a reliability focus.
- Ensure that all mechanical equipment is maintained to current statutory, regulatory and company standards.
- Work in and maintain a working environment with a high standard of housekeeping.
- Correctly use and maintain P.P.E. at all times.
- Use and maintain tooling in accordance to working specifications and conditions.
- Report and assist in the reporting of potential hazards, in line with Health and Safety expectations.
- Complete reports of performed work tasks in line with Maintenance Engineer’s expectations.
- Ensure all maintenance activity is carried out in line with Safety Standards.
- Do not conduct any task without a Risk Assessment in place and brief all involved including a Take 5.
- Before use, ensure that all tools, plant or equipment are fully efficient, safe and guarded as necessary.
- Highlight any defective tools, plant or equipment not to be used until it has been replaced or repaired.
- Work in a safe manner, avoid taking unnecessary risks and avoid improvisation which entails risk.
- Will not allow any person under their charge to carry out any tasks for which they have not been adequately trained.
- Report all accidents and incidents immediately to their manager.
- Give clear instructions which incorporate safety aspects and ensure they are adhered to.
- Conduct as and when any other HSEQ related activities that is required by the business.
Working with Us
We work collaboratively with high energy and ambition to develop sustainable growth plans for our business, our future and our careers.
We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer-centricity and diversity. Our people are our greatest asset.
If your true passion in life is to help create a better world through the work that you do, we would encourage you to think about Alvance British Aluminium, part of GFG Alliance You will have the opportunity to thrive, make a difference and leave a legacy to both industry and society.
Hours of work
Day based role
Monday to Friday, 41.5 hours per week
- Mechanical biased craft background.
- Knowledge of equipment such as Overhead Cranes, , Compressors, Pneumatics and Hydraulics,
- Conveying Systems (Belts, Rollers, Power & Free, Dense Phase), and site vehicles.
- Ability to read drawings.
Benefits and Reward
We can offer you the opportunity to be part of a strong and talented team, taking part in rewarding work, with supported learning and development, along with an excellent work-life balance.
For your commitment, drive and outstanding performance you will be rewarded with
- Competitive Salary
- Shift Allowance, Annual Callout and annualised hours payment
- 25 days annual leave
- 8 public holidays
- Bonus Scheme
- Company pension contribution from 4% up to 9%
- AVIVA Life Assurance (6 times the salary)
- BHSF Cash Health Care Plan
- Onsite Gym and access to a variety of Employee wellness initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Support Grant, £1000 for each child in university paid annually
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Employee Reward and recognition programme
- Employee Discounts – Inclusive rewards (Salary sacrifice scheme, discounts, cashback
This role does not provide VISA Sponsorship.
84% Match Immediate start PopularPosted by ALVANCE British AluminiumFull Time
The Production Operators role involves a variety of tasks involved in the production of high-quality Aluminium. You will be expected to adhere to site HSE standards, work towards set production targets in a safe and efficient manner and be engaged in improving standards and processes.