- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: DO11353
- Posted October, 31, 2023 7:30 PM
An exciting opportunity is taking place here at Dobbies, and we want you to be a part of it. We are looking for an Assistant Manager to come and join our team. As a Dobbies...
An exciting opportunity is taking place here at Dobbies, and we want you to be a part of it. We are looking for an Assistant Manager to come and join our team. As a Dobbies Assistant Manager you'll bring knowledge of horticulture with retail management expertise. Our club plus members are at the heart of what we do, so exceptional customer service and driving member loyalty is our main priority. Working closely with your General Manager in setting the standard for our flagship department, you’ll be an inspirational leader, customer champion and commercial innovator making your Horticulture Department the place to be for customers and colleagues alike.
About the role
- Overseeing the store operations, maximising profitable sales and growth while creating a unique customer focussed environment.
- Working closely with our central support teams, maintaining top notch communication, stock supply and response.
- Overseeing the horticulture department operation, maximising profitable sales and growth while creating a unique customer focussed environment.
- Providing advice and guidance in relation to plant care and maintenance, core gardening products & equipment.
- Taking the lead in creating a great place to work for everyone on a day to day basis whilst thinking ahead to ensure your team have a development journey with Dobbies.
- Sparking your team’s passion for delivering the best customer experience possible by creating a brilliant customer journey.
- Ensuring department compliance and health and safety regulations are carried out, whilst caring for employee and customers welfare at all times
- Commercial awareness and understanding of budgets, profitability from driving retail sales and improved ways of working.
- Horticulture knowledge would be advantageous, with a willingness to learn.
- Proven experience of retail management.
- Ability to identify training needs. You'll be effectively coaching and training all levels ensuring our teams are delivering a first-class customer experience.
- Adaptability. You'll act quickly and enthusiastically to changing priorities, workload and concepts.
- Positivity managing change, you'll lead the team through each season with care and motivation to deliver the best.
- Generous annual leave entitlement. Use your holidays when you want with limited statutory days off required
- Fantastic team member discount to be enjoyed in the store, restaurant and foodhall
- Access to Wagestream where you can track your earnings in real time and access a portion before payday to cover unexpected costs
- Thriving culture; the Dobbies team are passionate, diverse and committed to our customers
- Future opportunities; We want you to be happy and challenged at Dobbies for years to come so we offer various specialised training and further learning and growth opportunities
- A free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that helps you deal with life’s challenges.
- Stakeholder pension with shared employee and employer contribution.
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.