Workforce Development Specialist (Railway Signalling & Telecoms Trainer)
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £43,588 to £49,037 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: netrail/TP/770/2473
- Posted November, 01, 2023 5:41 PM
Job Introduction Do you have experience delivering training? Are you a railway Signalling & Telecoms (S&T) Specialist? In this role you will be delivering various aspects of railway Signalling & Telecoms (S&T) technical skills training...
Do you have experience delivering training?
Are you a railway Signalling & Telecoms (S&T) Specialist?
In this role you will be delivering various aspects of railway Signalling & Telecoms (S&T) technical skills training to the frontline maintenance workforce in the routes and functions.
As a Signalling & Telecoms trainer, you will be responsible for improving our workforce through delivering technical, safety & vocational training interventions in accordance with the annual training plan. You will play a key part in supporting the design and development of our training programmes and will review and assess the capability of our employees and ensure that the training has a positive impact on the business which contributes to improving safety, performance, engagement, and esteem.
It is essential for this role that applicants have experience delivering training and/or have extensive Railway Signalling & Telecoms knowledge/experience.
We believe that excellent training and development is essential to our success. Skills, operations and leadership training – We have dedicated route and regional teams to manage local training plans. Our network of qualified trainers use their hands-on rail experience to deliver industry leading skills, operations and leadership training locally and through our dedicated development centres.
- Develop the proficiency of employees by inspirational delivery of technical, safety and vocational training interventions, using blended delivery skills (paced for the learner) and stimulating, high quality material in accordance with Network Rail standards, regulations & working instructions.
- Provide an exemplary level of learner-focused customer service to delegates, enhancing their enjoyment, motivation to learn, and value gained from the whole training experience.
- Actively foster a safety-first, “No-Unsafe-Acts” culture within employees and actively promote the Network Rail Values at every touch point. As an exemplar of best practice and professional attitude, drive Network Rail corporate messages & behavioural communications into the consciousness of employees. Without exception, always act safely; always promote safety awareness and always demonstrate clear compliance and belief in safety procedures.
- Continuously develop one’s own technical proficiency (including relevant in-date regulated competencies), knowledge and adult education capability. Confidently and actively demonstrate that capability in order to earn justified and obvious credibility amongst the delegate population
- Continuously develop and improve the training material, assessment material, aids and equipment. Positively contribute to Content Review Groups and Skills Forums. Maintain the currency of all local training documentation and visual aids
- Fairly assess the capability of delegates and provide them the facilitated opportunity to learn. Support the assessment and evaluation of training impact at course end and at appropriate post training intervals.
- Support the Workforce Development Manager with Training-Needs-Analysis, programme design, evaluation, team dynamics, centre performance and reputation. Demonstrating a flexible approach to the achievement of the objectives of Competence & Training (and Network Rail).
- Positively contribute to the continuous improvement of the Training Centres’ internal quality procedures and work instructions, demonstrating a personal commitment to continuous improvement.
- As a Network Rail Manager, always actively support, promote and enforce company processes, initiatives, messages, policies, whilst actively demonstrating managerial behaviours and values.
Next Steps: Further Opportunities?
Due to the level of rail exposure and technical detail you gain from this role, this would be a great way to develop and progress into other training opportunities in rail.
What Training Can I expect?
Your commitment to self-development and continuous learning is hugely important in this role and we'll provide you with all the training to help you develop into role.
What Are My Working Hours?
Normal office hours.
What’s the local area like?
You will be required to live within a communicable distance to your office location. You will be require to travel to various other NR locations when needed.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Thorough knowledge of the technical, safety or vocational capability relevant to the discipline of the role (Railway Signalling & Telecommunications systems)
- Ability to affect a culture change
- Ability to motivate and inspire
- Ability to demonstrate the management capabilities of developing, thinking, achieving and inspiring
- PTS holder
- IRSE License
- Thorough knowledge of Interlocking systems
- Thorough knowledge of Train Detection systems
- Thorough knowledge of Point Operating systems
- Thorough knowledge of Railway Signalling systems
- Thorough knowledge of Level Crossing systems
- An understanding of different learning styles
- Sound knowledge of rules, regulations and working instructions
- Displays attributes of a team player
- A background, experience or qualification in adult learning
Why Join Us:
At Network Rail, we believe in investing in our people. As a Workforce Development Specialist, you will be at the forefront of empowering our employees and shaping the future of rail transportation in the UK. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse, dedicated team and make a genuine impact on people's careers and the overall success of the organization.
Ready to Make Tracks?
Don't miss this incredible chance to join the Network Rail family as a Workforce Development Specialist. If you're passionate about driving professional growth and creating a positive impact, we want to hear from you! Apply now and take the first step toward an exciting and rewarding career.
We’re an organisation where people matter. You matter to us, and you’ll matter to millions.
Join as a Workforce Development Specialist and Shape Futures!"
Are you passionate about nurturing talent and fostering professional growth? Do you have a flair for developing exceptional teams that drive success? If you're ready to embark on a career-defining journey, look no further! Network Rail is thrilled to announce a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated Workforce Development Specialist's to join our dynamic team.
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalizing Britain's railway. As one of the country's leading infrastructure companies, we play a pivotal role in delivering safe, reliable, and efficient rail services to millions of passengers and freight operators daily. Our commitment to creating a skilled and motivated workforce is paramount to our mission, and this is where you come in!
Role: Workforce Development Specialist (Railway Signalling & Telecoms Trainer)
Location: Scotland, Larbert Training Centre, FK5 4AW (travel required to various other Network Rail offices)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary range: Band 4C £43,588 - £49,037 plus £5k market rate supplement (subject to review)
Closing date: 11/11/2023
Interviews: Interviews will be held face to face
***This role is safety critical****
All prospective external candidates offered a conditional role will be required to undergo and pass a drugs and alcohol test. Your application will be rescinded if you record a positive test. All positive drugs and alcohol test results for prospective candidates will be securely held on Sentinel database and a 5 year suspension from applying for a safety critical role, a role which requires PTS certification or a Key Safety role on Network Rail Managed Infrastructure will be enforced.
Do you consider yourself to have a protected characteristic? If so and you require any additional support please contact RSResourcing@networkrail.co.uk
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets.
About the Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We're undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First - becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd