ES21 231459 169059 Staff Nurse- Systemic Therapies
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £30,229 to £37,664 per annum
- Part Time
- Contact: Personnel Department
- Reference: 169059
- Posted November, 02, 2023 12:00 AM
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able...
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for registered nurses to work within the developing Systemic Therapies Unit (STU) in Caithness General Hospital. Within the Caithness General Redesign Programme, this new model of care provides day-case services to improve care and reduce the need for prolonged hospital stay, thus treating the population on an outpatient basis.
We are looking for a candidate who is proactive and enthusiastic to further support the development of the STU. As part of a satellite integrated team, you will provide assessment and subsequent treatment of patients attending the unit within the services covered in the Systemic Therapies Unit: SACT (Systemic Anti-Cancer Treatments), auto-immune diseases (IBD, MS, RA, Polycythaemia, etc), and anaemia/iron deficiencies.
Previous experience in Systemic Anti-Cancer Therapy is desirable but not essential, as there will be training provided for this (either at a later stage or from appointment, this would be negotiated). As a valued member of the team you will be supported by a personal development plan/appraisal, extensive training and competencies achievement, and development opportunities within NHS Highland.
This is a part time post, of 28.5 hours per week, worked in accordance with service requirements.
Relocation package available to successful candidates.
Informal enquiries and arranged drop-in visits are welcomed and encouraged by Donna Swanson (Senior Staff Nurse) – Systemic Therapies Unit, – Systemic Therapies Unit, Caithness General Hospital, Wick, Tel: 01955 880348.
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork