Senior Instrument Technician
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £48,700 to £60,700 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: req3311
- Posted November, 08, 2023 12:38 PM
Senior Instrument Technician Location: Aberdeen Salary: £48.7k - £60.7k per annum (Dependent on skills & qualifications) Reference: REQ3311 Do you want to be a part of an innovative and supportive team, where there are great...
Senior Instrument Technician
Salary: £48.7k - £60.7k per annum (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Do you want to be a part of an innovative and supportive team, where there are great opportunities for career progression and development?
We are now looking to expand our skilled workforce and there is currently an opportunity for a Senior Instrument Technician based in Scotland.
What will you be doing day to day?
- You will be involved in the maintenance and repair of installations and equipment of various sizes and operating pressures in hazardous and non-hazardous areas within SGN’s Gas Network.
- The maintenance, repair and fault finding on instrumentation, telemetry, metering and local gas treatment systems.
- Test and Commissioning of minor / major project works.
- Mentoring and assessing of apprentices or new recruits.
- Supervising of contractors.
- Work planning and management of Dataloggers and Correctors.
- Work within budget and KPI’s
What you’ll need
- Applicants need to have completed a recognised Instrument Apprenticeship and an ONC/HNC in Instrumentation and Control, a valid Compex Certificate and a working knowledge of applicable National and International standards.
- You will be highly motivated with a flexible and positive approach to work. You will have good leadership, organisational, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills and be able to act on your own initiative.
- The applicant should have a good understanding of offtake, pressure reduction sites (PRS), BIO processes, high accuracy FISCAL / FWACV Gas metering systems and Odorant Injection Systems.
- You will be an effective communicator at all levels and ideally you will have supervisory and mentoring experience.
- You will be working away from home within the UK / NI and expected to participate in a standby rota.
- The post involves regular travel; therefore a full valid UK driver’s license is required.
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
SGN is currently paving the way in cutting-edge research and development towards a net zero energy system. We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas, and we think supporting outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation so that we can strive every day to make the world a better place and look after each other, and our customers’ safety. Be part of something big and make a difference today!
Here’s what we offer you:
Everyone is different, so there’s something in our benefits package for everyone. Click the link below for more info on some of the benefits we offer:
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do.
We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. Click the link below to find out about how we are working towards fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace for all: Diversity and inclusion | SGN Your gas. Our network.