Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £48,433 to £52,940 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ARB13347
- Posted November, 09, 2023 8:02 AM
Department: liveArgyll/Services and Support Closing Date: Wednesday 29th November 2023 LiveArgyll is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee, which delivers Leisure and Library services on behalf of Argyll and Bute Council. With...
Department: liveArgyll/Services and Support
Closing Date: Wednesday 29th November 2023
LiveArgyll is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee, which delivers Leisure and Library services on behalf of Argyll and Bute Council. With a turnover of around approximately £7.3m and a workforce in excess of 200 we are one of the largest employers in Argyll and Bute. See www.liveargyll.co.uk for a full range of services, activities and locations.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our Services and Support team. The successful candidate will play a lead role in the provision of financial and management accounting to support the organisation.
Specific duties will include:
- production of management accounts with commentaries
- budget preparation and monitoring for various business units in consultation with business managers
- production and submission of our financial accounts, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulations
- preparation and submission of VAT returns and ensuring HMRC compliance
- ad-hoc presentations to the Senior Management Team and Board on budgets and other financial information as requested
- Finance project related work commensurate with the post grading
- Additional financial management information as requested
You will be a CCAB qualified accountant or equivalent with significant post qualifying experience, knowledge of local authority ALEO’s is desirable. You should have experience of finance systems and be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages. The role requires extensive use of excel skills to analyse, manipulate and present data on an ongoing basis.
This is a Permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
Applicants should note that:-
- This post is not suitable for job share.
- Happy to talk about flexible working arrangements
- Pay award pending
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is Kevin Anderson, Chief Officer, 01369 708505, email@example.com
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CV's, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.
BTinternet.com email accounts
Please Note: If you are using a BTinternet.com email address to apply for a vacancy, please add the following email addresses to your safe sender list as this will ensure you receive all relevant email communication throughout the recruitment process: