Drivers Mate Coordinator - 37.5 hours
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £25,500 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 20472258
- Posted November, 09, 2023 9:37 AM
Drivers Mate Coordinator - 37.5 hours Full-time, £25,500 Ref: 20472258 Salary: £25,500 Hours: Full-time Contracted Hours: 37.5 Contract Type: Contract Location: 3, The Peel Centre, Lockerbie Road, Dumfries, Dumfriesshire, DG1 3PF Description Airlock/Drivers Mate Coordinator...
Drivers Mate Coordinator - 37.5 hours
Contracted Hours: 37.5
Contract Type: Contract
Location: 3, The Peel Centre, Lockerbie Road, Dumfries, Dumfriesshire, DG1 3PF
Airlock/Drivers Mate Coordinator
Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for a Coordinator to join our growing Transport Team on a 12 month fixed term contract based in Lockerbie providing coordination & support to our team of Airlock Reps/Drivers Mates across the North of country including Northern Ireland
As the Airlock/Drivers Mate Coordinator you will support & coordinate the Airlock Delivery Reps who operate out of Hamilton, Ayr, Darlington and Newtownabbey (N.I.) Pets at Home Stores. Reporting to the Field Support Manager.
You will ensure that all rotas are in place, any changes to delivery schedules are briefly effectively and in a timely manner. You will monitor all compliance with H&S procedures and ensure that your team adhere to the values and behaviours expected by the business.
You will be required to cover on routes when absence dictates by joining the Third Party Haulier driver at times riding in the cab. In addition, you will provide administrative support for the Small Animal delivery team on occasion when required to include input to Wage system.
Provide coordination & support to team of driver’s mates team (Airlock) in your area
Create rota’s to assist in ensuring that deliveries are made on time, reporting any variances on the driver’s paperwork
Accompany the Pets At Home Delivery Driver on the Airlock (Night) Delivery run when necessary
Know and apply the health and safety and security procedures
Awareness, safety and well-being of others in line with Company procedures and requirements on safe working practices
We are looking for people who will:
- Cares about the customer – and is passionate about their job
- Is meticulous and has excellent attention to detail
- Is driven to do their best in all situations
- Is a team player, who respects and adheres to our business values and naturally demonstrates our core behaviours
- Is organised and hardworking– focused on meeting the required picking targets
- Is calm under pressure and able to make decisions to support the operation
- Is hands on and able to lift heavy objects
- Is able to work quickly, accurately and safely
- Is able and willing to work unsociable hours
- Is willing to go the extra mile to support the team
- Transport or Logistics experience advantageous
- Full UK driving license (essential)
- Attractive rates of pay and generous rewards package
- 33 days annual leave rising to 36 after 2 years’ service
- An extra day’s holiday when it’s your birthday
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Personal Health Insurance scheme (if in Pension Scheme)
- Life assurance: 4 x salary
- 20% Pets at Home discount scheme
- Pets at Home “Treats” voluntary benefits package
At Pets at Home, we’re committed to making sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, care and products. It’s what’s driven our success. As we continue to grow, so does the demand for our pet care supplies. That’s why we’re expanding our teams. Join us, and you’ll see that we’re not any old distribution centre. We want to be the best pet care company in the world. And to help us get there, we aim to do the best for our colleagues.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 02-10-2023
Expiry Date: 10-11-2023